Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:32:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  The Difference Between "seafood Dinners"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Difference Between "seafood Dinners"  (Read 6529 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 07:58:10 AM »

Steve....your post makes me want to pack up and move back to the Queen Charlotte Islands !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 08:25:44 AM »

Steve....your post makes me want to pack up and move back to the Queen Charlotte Islands !

I was reluctant to post on your started topic. Every time I view the posts my mouth would start to drool for the fresh taste of Salt Water food.

Nothing beats fresh and I do mean Fresh Sea Food either caught off the hook, crabbing with a string line with either a fish head or chicken livers, or using the crab box or pyrimid traps, or the occasional walking the docks and scooping up the Blue Claws of the bulkheads.

Ahhhhhhh the good old days of digging clams in the shallows by using a clam rake or tongs, or jumping overboard after anchoring and wading in chest high water digging the clams with your feet, and then reaching down to pick it up and then placing it in a bushel basket floating in an old car inner tube.

Another thing I enjoyed doing was crabbing at night with my buddy on his 19-foot CC Bayliner on a nice calm bay under the bridges. Nothing like coming back with 2-3 bushels of crabs after midnight.

Those days are long gone now since I chose a different life style, but those memories will last a lifetime.

Great topic started by you Reeves, and I like the way it is continuing. Maybe some day I'll hit the Atlantic Coast again, but until then it is just fond memories.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »

I may have to dig up some pictures to post or mail to you, of my time on QCI !

In mid March the Halibut would move into the area in front of where I lived. The fishing hole was 10 minutes by boat (my small one) and round trip would take 1/2 hour....and I'd have my two Halibut in the boat !
Fishing was awesome like this up till the Dog Fish moved into the area in mid May.
Halibut were still there, but so many Dog fish were there, you couldn't get a line down to the Halibut.

It was at this time I'd start fishing another area. Took an hour to drive to the inlet, then an hour by boat to an area that would produce fish every time the line was dropped down !
Various species of Rock Fish, Ling .....mmmmmmmmmmmmm !
ode2god
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 12:06:49 PM »

the best seafood dinner i ever ate was on eluethera  ,in the bahamas .. a grilled grouper and a 3lb lobster fresh caught from the waters in the bahamas, 10 miles off of tarpom bay i4 best sweet sixteen a girl could have
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »