Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:51:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Thermometers & Hygrometers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thermometers & Hygrometers  (Read 4184 times)
tpcrjf

« on: September 07, 2007, 08:28:26 PM »

What do you all use for thermometers and hygrometers? I have used various ones in the past including those cheap digital ones with vaired success. Does anyone use these?…
http://www.cutlersupply.com/store/item.0444.html

How about for digital? How is this one...
http://www.cutlersupply.com/store/item.0458.html

Or any others? Thanks, Tom
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 11:09:15 PM »

This is the exact one I use here by Acurite. It's been working fine for me. There are may other models by Acurite as well.

I haven't used any other so I really cant say.
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 01:54:38 AM »

I just use the ones that came with the GQF incubators with great success and check them every once in a while with a cheap digital wireless outdoor temp/humidty guage from Wal-Mart that shows the low and high temps and humdity levels from the last time you cleared it. Which is everytime I add eggs, water or clean it out.  I just mount the transponder under the water shelf and place the digital screen onto the incubator, each one having its own, but they do have models that will do multiple stations
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 04:52:31 AM »

I use the one Akira uses have about 10 of them with no problems
tpcrjf

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 07:51:48 AM »

I have also used the Acurite thermometers/hygrometers too and found them to work ok, but not as good as I want. I found that when I placed the whole unit in the incubator (w/ the outside sensor next to the main sensor) that the two gave different temp readings, and I never knew which one to trust! I usually went with the main reading or averaged the two together if the temperatures were close...but sometimes they were over 1 degree F apart. I'm just looking for a more accurate alternative. All other ideas welcome. Thanks, Tom
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »