Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:58:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  bobwhite quail hatch on 24th day.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bobwhite quail hatch on 24th day.  (Read 3624 times)
creekker
« on: August 23, 2005, 04:56:25 PM »

I am tring to hatch about 50 bobwhite quail eggs in an little giant forced air bator.  I am now on day 24.  I took the eggs from the automatic turner 3 days ago and increased the humidity from 55 to 65 relative.  I also dropped the tempature from 99.5 to about 99.  I have candled a few eggs and cannot see any clear areas at all.  I have not heard any pipping and I have also not seen any movement from any egg.  Have I failed? 
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 05:11:31 PM »

should be some signs of peck marks from within on egg shells by now. keep the eggs incubated for a few more days. mines started hatching on day 23 through to late night day 24.

even if they don't hatch, don't blame yourself if you've done your best. Could be many factors. Just try again.
creekker
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 05:57:55 PM »

I am thinking that I may be experiencing the same problem as a previous try.  My first time before the quail were mallard eggs.  At that time I did not have the fan and really did not have a good idea of the humidity.  After 35 days I removed the duck eggs and open them all.  They all appeared to be at the same stage.  They were fully developed but had not penetrated the air sac.  This hatch of quail seem to be following the same pattern.  I have made sure the bator was clean in both instances.  I am not sure what is going wrong.
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 06:46:46 PM »

if they are developed then it sounds like a humidity problem make sure your humidty is 55-60% then increase it last 3 days i use  walmart specials with temp and humidity place in incubator and you get temp and humidty readings they cost about 14 bucks
gp
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 08:27:32 PM »

during the hatch your humidity needs to be more around 75 to 80.
creekker
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 08:43:56 PM »

Just had two pop out.  Pretty cool stuff.   Just happens my five year old grandson was here to see it.  Can't keep him away.   I guess patience is the key word here.  Thanks for the help all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »