Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:54:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  how to get started
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to get started  (Read 3003 times)
britt hunter
« on: June 27, 2005, 03:32:03 AM »

I am want to start to incubate bobwhites next session what should i buy i have bobwhites so do a gather the eggs daily and put them in an incubator? what do i put the temp at? what kind of Incubator should I buy to do about 50 a yr? any help would be nice since i am clueless
britt hunter
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 04:44:13 PM »

is there nobody kind enough to respond to a simple post? or are the people here to good to answer if that is the case maybe i dont want to get into game birds and become to good to help out those who need it.
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

Sorry I havent any experience collecting eggs to incubate yet but from what I gather, You can collect from breeding couple and keep the eggs in a cool place till you get the desired amount. The usual incubators will hold around 100 quail eggs. Once you get the desired amount then start incubating, that way you know when to turn and stop turning them. hope this helps a little.
Various types of incubators with features. Just need to look them up for your prefference. GQF Hova-Bator, Little Giant
ridgetop
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 10:05:53 PM »

GQF BATOR ONE THAT HAS ELECTONICE THEROMSTAT.WITH AUTOMATIC TURNERS...COLLECT AT LEAST TWICE A DAY 3 TIMES IF HOTTER.KEEP ABOUT 60 DEGREES UNTIL READY TO SET.MAKE SURE AND TURN THEM 3 TIMES DAILY BEFORE YOU PUT THEM IN THE BATOR....
geeter

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 01:24:04 PM »

Britt,
I could never speak for all the people on this forum so I’ll just give you my 2 cents.  The questions you raise can all be answered by just spending a little time looking at all the different posts and archived stuff available here.  I too, am brand new to raising quail.  Prior to ordering anything, I found this website.  Thank God!  I spent probably 2 months just reading posts and absorbing all I could.  I consider us fortunate to have access to all this information.  I am especially thankful to all the fine folks out there who are willing to share this info.  As a result of their unselfishness, I was able to hatch 82 birds out of 105 eggs.  I have since lost a few.  I’m down to 71 that I moved to a grow out pen last week.  I can’t tell you how much I have enjoyed this new adventure.  Sometimes I just sit and watch my birds.  Seems to relax me.  To sum up, I don’t think any one here is trying not to answer your questions.  It would just take too long to try and explain everything in one post.  So, kick back, read some posts and enjoy.  I’m sure you’ll find the answers to most of your questions.

Geeter
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »