Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:31:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  its me birdlover........
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: its me birdlover........  (Read 16694 times)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 07:35:03 AM »

Why the name change? Your old username was still good wasn't it?   :wink:

And this from a feller what changes his name more often than his under where?

Where is that under?  :grin:  Now c'mon, only once under the same profile since this site was started, far from the "under where" (:grin:) scenerio in which you imply.  And it was for international security reasons as mentioned earlier, do to direct orders from the Capital building and I had no choice. Otherwise, they where prepared to take drastic measures towards my goats if I did not comply.  :eek:

You have to realize, wildergamebirds, that CharlieHorse, had no choice in the name change. He/She is now under the Federal Witness Relocation/Protection System.

Oops, I forgot, guess I blew his cover.  He hasn't posted for a couple of days.  Probably on the lamb, again.

:roll:  Nope, I just see trouble brewin' and I'm keepin' my hands off the stirrin' stick!  :wink:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
hotbird
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 08:35:38 AM »

Why  a New rake  ?  CharlieHorse    .  Cant  a person  have  a   nice  stack of leafs.
Where you from  ?  Ohio ?  if so me  too
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 10:04:35 PM »

yes there quite happy and laying eggs thank you
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 12:55:26 PM »

yes there quite happy and laying eggs thank you

My pheasants are fine in the about same cage size as jimmurray3.  Their happy and laying eggs too. Jimmurray3, do you raise any other birds besides pheasants, and which kind are you raising?  I have the ringneck pheasants, very pretty birds.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 10:43:45 PM »

I changed my username because i wanted a new one. And i only changed my username one time from birdlover to birdlover17.

Because the first one got banned ? Sneaking under the "radar" ?

No Pheasant is happy in small pens. To say so shows you know nothing about them.
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 10:49:26 PM »

That is what I told them Reeves :angel:, but they say that there birds are happy and laying eggs..I think your birds (birdlover & jimmurray) are in pens that are at least big enough to keep them alive, but if those birds could talk I think they would  say that they would rather be in my 12ft.x24ft. pens (for each pair)....but I know they would rather be in Reeves' pens which are 500sq.ft.+ than mine!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 12:22:33 PM »

Hey birdlover,

How's Queens NY been treating ya? Glad to see ya back. Just don't repeat your bad habits and you should do just fine.

Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 12:30:19 PM »

Hi,
Yes, i agree with you ChukarBreeder and Reeves, i completely understand that my pheasants would be better in a larger pen, but like i said i don't have 2 or 3 acres in which to build a much better sized pen for them, i wish i could give them much more room, they would be happy and so would i. But i have to take into account that i don't have a lot of room, so i can't really make a 500 sq ft pen.  I'm sure your pheasants are happy and having the time of their life. Pheasants do spend their time in the wild foraging for food and enjoying the wild, and in a larger pen you could stimulate it somewhat by maybe planting wheat or a covercrop for them and making a flight pen, wish i lived in the countryside with plenty of room.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 12:44:46 PM »

Hi  Pheasant Hollow Farm,

Well Queens NY is ok but i really would love to live in the countryside, you find ways to make it through here.  Yes, i promise not to repeat my bad habits, that was completely unnecceary and wrong of me to do that. Thank you, i hope you will have a nice thanksgiving also. I'm going to spend some time with my family in North Carolina, i completely love in there.  Its so peaceful and you get to see a lot of wildlife that i have never seen living here, like deer,rabbits,hawks,wild turkeys, lizards, toads, raccoons the list goes on. People there are so nice they wave to you even if they dont know you, thats what the world should be more like. My family is building a summer house there, can't wait till its almost done. I'll be back by tuesday going to enjoy myself while i'm there.
Talk to you later Pheasant Hollow Farm and everyone.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 07:13:44 PM »

Birdlover I also raise tenn reds bobwhite's valley quail coturnix quail and giant bobwhite and of course ringneck pheasant's
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 01:22:14 PM »

jimmurray3, you have a wide variety of quails, i also have the coturnix quail,( the normal variety and the white variety) I'm thinking of maybe crossing the white quails with the brown quails to maybe get a different color or new breed for that matter. I have to learn how you do it and if you should.  Wish you luck with your birds! Have a happy thanksgiving!

Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 03:52:48 PM »

s15      I just had to do this :grin:
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 12:43:18 PM »

Hey, Chukar Breeder

Any luck catching the mink? And are you going to replace the birds that were killed?
Hope the mink issue is resolved.

Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »

Haven't caught him yet and I don't think he has returned and I have fixed the problem....I want to replace the birds, but nobody wants to ship birds in this cold weather (and I don't blame them) so it looks like I will buy some more birds in Feb./Mar. I still have goldens and ringnecks to take care of :?:
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 02:10:05 PM »

Hi,
Here's a suggestion, maybe if you put up some electric fencing around the perimeter of the cage, that would keep off predators. Yeah you have to wait till its warm again for birds to be shipped.  Oh thats good that you'll get more in Feb/Mar, hopefully that same problem won't occur again. Yeah take care of your pheasants now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »