Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:37:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Hi..from Dallas, Texas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi..from Dallas, Texas  (Read 2509 times)
TGarcia

Personal Text

« on: October 09, 2010, 11:41:01 AM »

s144   I am new to raising quail, but not totally new to raising birds.  I have had chickens for quite some time now, and have even hatched a few from my home-made incubator.  I've always wanted to get into raising quail, but glad I researched it out first before doing so.  There are alot of things that I was not aware of when it came to raising quail that I have learned over the past few days.  One of which is that its better to have them off the ground, unlike my chickens that I raise. So I will be busy this weekend building the new cage area for my new hatches. I should be getting my eggs in the next day or two and will keep everyone updated on their progress. 

I plan on raising the birds for not only the eggs, but for the meat as well.  The meat aspect will be very new to me as far as going through the whole killing and cleaning process.   ???  I've seen it done, but never actually done it myself.  So this should be interesting when it comes time for me to actually step up and do it myself.  I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for those of you that have done this as to the quickest, and easiest way to do this. 

Well....I have rambled on and on.   lol2  I'm very glad to have found this site, and can't wait to get to know a few of you. 
bird288

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:19:21 PM »

s016  ,,There is alot of good Info. on this site
  I'm not far from Big D
    Good Luck on raising quail
       Jay
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »