Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Knock Knock
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knock Knock  (Read 89134 times)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« on: July 07, 2012, 10:46:35 AM »

Anybody here ? th3

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:16:43 PM »

Yup !   i9

Hey....Peahen hatched 5 out of 8 eggs on July 3rd !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 12:13:13 PM »

Anybody here ? th3

Yup also lol2

I have a Ring-necked hen sitting on a clutch of egg!!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »

That is great Derrick I had just sent you an email before I came here asking that question...How many she on Steve ?
Derrick I am going after my Gray Jungle Fowl on Saturday..4 pr..this years hatch..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 05:50:10 AM »

Steve - sales up or down this year ? Good luck on the hatch as well ! Cool watching a good hen raise their young !

Chuck is around......just no power. He is cooking in Ohio !

Bill - pictures or it didn't happen !   :grin:
backyardquail

This place is going to the birds!

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 02:14:10 PM »

Still lurking!  Got a set of recently hatched jumbo brown in the brooder.  The outside heat is making it VERY easy to keep them warmed.

Backyard Quail
"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." - Victor Hugo
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 12:19:29 PM »

That is great Derrick I had just sent you an email before I came here asking that question...How many she on Steve ?
Derrick I am going after my Gray Jungle Fowl on Saturday..4 pr..this years hatch..

I don't know Bill, she won't let me get close. She is in a small pet carring case that was used as a nest box.

Steve
Steve - sales up or down this year ? Good luck on the hatch as well ! Cool watching a good hen raise their young !

Chuck is around......just no power. He is cooking in Ohio !

Bill - pictures or it didn't happen !   :grin:

Derrick,

This is the worst year. Sales on chicks and eggs down to next to nothing. Thanks to Obama our Kenya Pres. bb7

I am averaging 3doz Large Brown chicken eggs a day and I am even giving them away.. Nobody has any money. So I am actually barter on the chicken eggs for hay.. j2

If it weren't for seeing chicks hatch, I think I would have folded last year.

How you doing?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 06:28:33 AM »

Doing OK now I'm back to work. Had an unwanted month off , right after paying for the engine re-build and shipping.

Peahen & chicks are well. They grow fast & are now zooming & flying all over the pens ! Fun to watch !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 05:54:17 AM »

Doing OK now I'm back to work. Had an unwanted month off , right after paying for the engine re-build and shipping.

Peahen & chicks are well. They grow fast & are now zooming & flying all over the pens ! Fun to watch !

Glad to here that you are back to work s2 What was the cause of the layoff?

Are those chicks smart enough to stop before they fly into the side walls?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 06:24:16 AM »

Wasn't really a lay off. It was more like one set of jobs done & getting other jobs lined up. Plus rain was a factor. Seemed like the whole Province was in the same boat. Like all were taking a deep breath before it got busy again.

I haven't seen the chicks hit "the wall" yet.....but wouldn't suprise me if they did. They would just bounce off though.
Wife saw one flying over the male a couple times. No idea what that was about !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 06:29:00 AM »

Wasn't really a lay off. It was more like one set of jobs done & getting other jobs lined up. Plus rain was a factor. Seemed like the whole Province was in the same boat. Like all were taking a deep breath before it got busy again.

I haven't seen the chicks hit "the wall" yet.....but wouldn't suprise me if they did. They would just bounce off though.
Wife saw one flying over the male a couple times. No idea what that was about !

Do you work for a company or are you an independent? We have rain here in the forcast for better then a week now after the massive storm and inline winds tore up this state. We were with out power for over 8days.

It cost me $750.00 in gas for those days to run a 17.5K gen for the house and a 5k for the I.H.O.P.  I sure won't complain about my utility be and more.  s020

Steve

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »

Did not go after the Jungle fowl yesterday. The guy called and said he had sold a guy 10 pr. and I would have to wait tell the rest got old enough to tell roosters from hens. Said it would be a couple of weeks..Found a new place to buy some closer to me but will go with the first guy since I already told him I wanted 4 pr. But may buy some from the other guy also. Also looking at another species besides the Gray.. Have plenty of time its still to hot...Glad your Peachicks are good Reeves..My Java`s are doing great and tamming down alot..

DoubleL911
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 04:57:56 AM »

Still checking in. Dry and hot in Texas. Feed prices and terrible sales last year told me to scale down. When the feed mill wont contract a price on 100 tons that  told me to hunt more and play with birds less. Just kept the shooting preserves that will contract grow.

Larry
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 06:22:20 AM »

Do you work for a company or are you an independent?

Hourly employee. I wanted to be a contract operator, but no co. wants to pay the price for that. They do hire some contract ops, but pay them too low.
Plus the Gov. started going after the contract guys.....as they do not qualify as one. Means paying the Gov. back taxes.

Rain all day yesterday. We needed it big time ! However, a rain fall warning is for today. We don't need any more rain now !
We need it to the N.W. though....big forest fire.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 06:44:12 AM »

Still checking in. Dry and hot in Texas. Feed prices and terrible sales last year told me to scale down. When the feed mill wont contract a price on 100 tons that  told me to hunt more and play with birds less. Just kept the shooting preserves that will contract grow.

Larry

I wouldn't go through that much in my life time ! But, I just have "pets". People I know up here that raise lots are having (and always have) a hard time selling birds. Prices are so low, when pens & feed so high.

Drove to work Sunday & was sent home. Rained out. Off Monday. Worked on the car some. Back to the grind today......
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »