Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  hatching period for ringneck pheasants?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: hatching period for ringneck pheasants?  (Read 21052 times)
birdlover
« on: June 12, 2007, 04:39:50 PM »

hi,
i'm currently incubating ringneck pheasants eggs and today is day 23, hatch day.  I don't understand why but none of the eggs are pipping yet, is the hatching period maybe 24 instead of 23.  i know  that all the eggs were turned during the incubation process, right temp, and right humidity.  Please help me out, i'm worried that they won't hatch, i have the brooder all set up and everything.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 05:18:40 PM »

hi,
i'm currently incubating ringneck pheasants eggs and today is day 23, hatch day.  I don't understand why but none of the eggs are pipping yet, is the hatching period maybe 24 instead of 23.  i know  that all the eggs were turned during the incubation process, right temp, and right humidity.  Please help me out, i'm worried that they won't hatch, i have the brooder all set up and everything.

Apparently you did not Do your research!!! Ring-necked Pheasants don't hatch in 23 or 24 days... That goes for Chinese or Manchurian...

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Edited to add, It is Ring-necked!! Not ringneck!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 01:03:19 PM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 05:29:16 PM »

24-25 days

Before you post another question, I'd like to request at this time that you quit trying to raise ANY species of Game Bird.

You are supposed to do research BEFORE any attempt to do so.

You have been posting one question after another asking what to do AFTER THE FACT on the proper care of , well , EVERY THING.

I (and most others) will help others learn the proper ways to raise Game Birds, you seem to be asking questions as a mear test of our knowledge.
Do you have any idea that you are getting your self into a world of trouble ?

Search works. Google works.
Please: research before asking dumb questions.
You have tested every ones patience to the limit....
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 05:40:31 PM »

Maybe the temp is too high or low?

Humidity too high or low?

Did you turn the eggs while incubating?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 05:57:54 PM »

Ok , i'm sorry , what do you want me to do, everyone makes mistakes, unless your perfect which i dont you are.  By the way, i did use the search button but with no information regarding the hatching period of ringneck pheasants. And how may i ask is that a dumb question, when it is useful to know.

Well, trailbossusa,
nope, the temperature,humidty, and turning is all accurate.  I don't understand why they said that ringneck pheasant eggs take 24 to 25 days, when i read that they take 23 days?  i stopped turning eggs on day 21
Hopefully i get some pipping by tonight, what do you think?

Thanks!!
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 06:14:36 PM »

Here, I did the work for you ~ click the link and then read the first search return....

http://www.google.com/search?q=ring+necked+pheasant+incubation+time&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 06:17:56 PM »

On another note, there was a person who did this same type of thing a while back, and caused a disagreement with Steve and I, as I thought he was being too harsh on the guy. After some more time here, I see that I was wrong by not being hard enough on him. Moral to this story, it is one thing to ask legitimate questions, it is another to be too lazy to find them out by trying google first, and being a pest......

Start doing some legitimate research on the net, with google and yahoo. Then come here for answers you can't find after putting in some sort of effort.

Sheesh....

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
birdlover
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 06:19:03 PM »

hi,
thanks for the reply, i did the same thing, i just am confused why some people say 23 to hatch otheres 24 to 25, i stopped turning at day 20, if their suppose to hatch in 24 days then i should of stopped turning at day 21, does that mean't they won't hatch if i stopped turning a day early?
Thanks
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 06:23:28 PM »

On another note, there was a person who did this same type of thing a while back, and caused a disagreement with Steve and I, as I thought he was being too harsh on the guy. After some more time here, I see that I was wrong by not being hard enough on him. Moral to this story, it is one thing to ask legitimate questions, it is another to be too lazy to find them out by trying google first, and being a pest......

Start doing some legitimate research on the net, with google and yahoo. Then come here for answers you can't find after putting in some sort of effort.

Sheesh....

Chris

Thank you Chris........

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 06:28:50 PM »

hi,

i'm not lazy, i went to search for the answer first and got that they hatched in 23 days, i just wanted to make sure this was right b/c none of my eggs are pipping! 
It doesn't hurt to doublecheck, or is that against the law   :laugh:   I dont  like to argue, i just want to get an answer , thats all i'm asking for
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 06:54:18 PM »

I might suggest you use the spell check button that is available each time you post.  Eggs, and more specifically shipped eggs don't come with exact set timers.  There are number of variables.  The quality of your system, the uniformity of the conditions will play a part.  While you think you have good control, I can assure you that unless you have spent $1000's you have at best modest control.  This being said, it can make hatching extend and not start for days after you think it should.  You can end up with eggs hatching at 25 or 26 days and continuing for several days afterword.  You will find many replies to posts that suggest patience grasshopper!  You do seem to be confrontational in your tone in case you were unaware.
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 07:09:39 PM »

Just a quick look

http://www.gamebird.com/hatching.html
http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/agriculture/livestock/poultry/species/pheasant-raising/egg-production
birdlover
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 07:21:04 PM »

hi,
thanks for all the info, i'll try to be more patience.  Is it okay that i stopped turning the eggs starting on Day 21, even though they should hatch in 24 to 28 days?
jk
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 08:14:24 PM »

Is it okay that i stopped turning the eggs starting on Day 21, even though they should hatch in 24 to 28 days?

Sure, why not? (YES, IT"S FINE; DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT).

American Game Bantams, Wood Ducks, and Mandarins.
birdlover
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 09:05:19 PM »

Hi,
ok     just next time answer in a better tone, i didnt use big letters to ask the question, thanks!!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »