Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:41:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  Purina Gamebird Feed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Purina Gamebird Feed  (Read 24408 times)
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 11:55:20 PM »

We have been using Purina for a couple moths now and really like what we are seeing in the birds. They seem to be gaining a little more weight and energy. We used to get ADM pen pal feed but like the Purina better. I will have to say that ADM has a good customer relations. We got two bags that was nothing but powder and they replaced them free of charge.   j45

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
chlt lab

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 12:35:48 PM »

HI

For those of you with a Land O'Lakes Co-Op near by. Purina Feed LLC makes the Land O'Lakes Honor Country Flock Turkey/Pheasant feeds. It is plus or minus a tenth or two of a percent of the straight Purina feed, works just as well and is only $9.95/bag for the 30% Starter and the 23% Starter/grower. I paid $8.95 for the 20% conditioner. They gave me a bit of a break on the 20% because it was a last fall  left over they wanted to move.

I just stocked up yesterday. Tried to beat the preseason rush.

For those of you feeding the Pro Plan Dog foods. According to my vet the chicken & rice adult with the 26% protien &  16% fat has 2% less digestable protien because of less fillers.  And at $5.00 bag less feeding 4 dogs that adds up quick.
  Kind of interesting to talk with a vet and compare advertised crude protien to actual digestable protien.

Jerome
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 06:17:23 PM »

I haven't tried  Purina gamebird feed. we have blue seal in this area.and have no problems at all.  great quality good price.  as for dog food its Purina all the way. Purina 1  and Purina hi pro . and for the little ones its Purina puppy chow. is there another dog food company out there ? :grin: there must be because some one had some trouble last year.  :evil:

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
chlt lab

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »

is there another dog food company out there ?  there must be because some one had some trouble last year. 

Careful Purina was in on that.. There canned foods and anything that made gravy when water was added were the major ones.  They sent out 4 different recall notices to those of us registered thru the pro plan programs.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 06:13:40 PM »

chit lab. I did not know that. when the whole thing broke out. I checked the website with the lists. and I also checked Purina's website. the food we were using was not listed. the only thing I saw on the Purina site was as you stated  some canned food and  some of the snack type stuff.  as for the pro plan I tried to register but I only have one breeding pair of dogs and the us site would not let me register.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
chlt lab

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 12:10:59 PM »

Bird Dog

It wasn't a big deal for Purina. If you looked it up you know it was only one production plant that makes food for multiple venders.  Purinas known affecteds were limited most of the Purina recals were a cover thier own @$$ thing.

Since they had an issue with the canned foods and the dry that made gravy when you added water and the zipper bag treats they recalled everything that came from that plant.

The notices they kept sending were just updated batch numbers and production dates as the known affected imported grain usage dates expanded. From what I know it was the lower end foods with all the grain fillers that were affected.

I dont remember seeing a recall on Pro-Plan or Purina one.  I fed Pro Plan Performance right threw the entire deal. I feed a bag a week to my small kennel full. I would think if Pro-Plan had an issue I would have found it.

Peace,
         Jerome
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 07:53:37 PM »

thats what i thought. I was not worried about the Purina food . I did worry about the treat stuff we were buying at  the local Sam's club. but it turned out allright  too.

Fungi

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 11:53:20 AM »

For those of you with a Land O'Lakes Co-Op near by. Purina Feed LLC makes the Land O'Lakes Honor Country Flock Turkey/Pheasant feeds. It is plus or minus a tenth or two of a percent of the straight Purina feed, works just as well and is only $9.95/bag for the 30%

I just got back from the feed store here (Hattiesburg, MS) and got some of the Honor Country Flock Turkey & Quail Starter 30% and it was $13.20 per bag.  Sounds like you got a good deal.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 10:34:51 AM »

I like it because it is not a bunch of dust and power I bought 20 bags of the gambird breeder yesterday and it was 14.00 per bag . And I use there dog food because my dogs love it and you get a 50lb. bag.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 10:39:49 AM »

I bought some Purina Gamebird Layena for $12.50 a bag and some Startena for $13.50 plus some bags that had a tear or hole for $10 .

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 11:58:05 AM »

I bought some Purina Gamebird Layena for $12.50 a bag and some Startena for $13.50 plus some bags that had a tear or hole for $10 .

That's great, as long as mice didn't cause the hole!  I found droppings inside the range feeder at the bird dog club, yesterday.

Is the river coming back up?  Did your buddy float home, yet?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 10:35:03 PM »

There is no mice holes. Just some tears from rough handling. Yes the rivers are still high and my buddy was able to get home.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »