Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Ohio Hatcher
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ohio Hatcher  (Read 5608 times)
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« on: April 22, 2008, 12:38:56 PM »

Not mine, I just spotted it on ebay.  Looks like an incubator I have.  The best I can tell, it's a hatcher, not an incubator.  A good tinkerer might be able to make something of it (if there are any good ones in Ohio).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gorgeous-Redwood-Egg-Incubator_W0QQitemZ150238765245QQihZ005QQcategoryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 01:11:33 PM »

Not mine, I just spotted it on ebay.  Looks like an incubator I have.  The best I can tell, it's a hatcher, not an incubator.  A good tinkerer might be able to make something of it (if there are any good ones in Ohio).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gorgeous-Redwood-Egg-Incubator_W0QQitemZ150238765245QQihZ005QQcategoryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's exactly what it is.. A Montgomery Wards incubator/hatcher. I also think it is cedar and not redwood. It's worth $50.00 at most.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:56:55 PM »

The wood grain on mine actually looks like Douglas Fir, to me.  Might be Western Cedar.  I figured if someone wanted a hatcher, to transfer eggs from a GQF, or the like, it might be worth $100, just so you wouldn't have to build the box.

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:14:24 PM »

A good tinkerer might be able to make something of it (if there are any good ones in Ohio).

s20   Is that another one of those derrogatory, prejudist, racist remarks?   s47

I'll have you to know that.......There are more Ohioans that have set more World Champion Best Tinkering records than any other species on the planet!   ^-^

I checked that thing out and it's about 175 miles from my ranch, almost to Lake Erie.  It would cost me another 100 dollar bill in fuel and a day to retrieve that dude. I noticed the "reserve" hadn't been met yet at $49.99.

Besides, I'd get shot by my wife if I drug something else in around here. I just drug this baby home yesterday   :cool:............wifes not impressed!!   I did go and get her a load of horse manure on it today for her to unload when she got home from work...........you know me, always give, give , give!    :evil:  :

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 11:37:07 PM »

A good tinkerer might be able to make something of it (if there are any good ones in Ohio).

s20   Is that another one of those derogatory, prejudist, racist remarks?   s47
   :evil:  :

Well, no, it wasn't.  I could have used different wording.  I guess I'm slipping.  It was, however, anti-Buckeye bait, and you swallowed it.

It was, of course, directed at you.  Thought it might happen to be just around the corner from your Wal-Mart, or feed store.  I didn't even look to see if there was a reserve.

Horse crap is the one thing I wouldn't think your wife would need to import.

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 07:13:09 AM »

I have one just like it...Mine works great wish I could get that one...to far...What is really neat about it is the way you turn the eggs...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 08:20:48 AM »

s020
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 08:31:51 AM »

Horse crap is the one thing I wouldn't think your wife would need to import.

s020

You've been talkin' to my wife haven't you?    :-|

s020

What's so funny?   You're surely not laughin' at my wagon are ya?   :-[

c109  !!!!!!!

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:38:27 AM »

What's so funny?   You're surely not laughin' at my wagon are ya?

Nope. But offer my condolences ahead of time, for when you tell your wife to empty the horse turds off of the wagon ! (I take it your life insurance is up to date ?)  :grin:
greyghost
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 08:38:53 PM »

j45 You all are bunch of sick F@c*s! I appreciate that. I hope that someday I have the knowledge to  keep up! LOL. Dave.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 11:34:52 PM »

j45 You all are bunch of sick F@c*s! I appreciate that. I hope that someday I have the knowledge to  keep up! LOL. Dave.

Huh?  This was baby talk.

It doesn't take a lot of knowledge, oxygen deprivation helps.

greyghost
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 08:29:46 PM »

WGB, I quit smoking 15 months ago, so oxygen is not a problem. But, my big dog, Thor , has bad gas. Whadda you think?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »