Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:42:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Looking for a buyer for quail
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Looking for a big buyer to bye quail that can take quail weekly.
quail - 0 (0%)
quail - 0 (0%)
Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for a buyer for quail  (Read 6397 times)
dodgeboy
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:50:34 AM »

s144 Iam looking for someone that can take quail weekly trying to start a quail farm but need a good buyer to buy the birds off of me. I will raise any kind of quail that is needed
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 12:26:41 PM »

where are you located i"m in ky s016
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »

I could use 300-500 4 week old Bobwhites.

You didn't list your location, or fill out your profile, so I assume you ship them.  It was 9F here this morning, you surely put enough heat packs in each box, so you don't have to replace too many that arrive as chicksicles.  Do you ship via UPS, DHL, or USPS?  Or do you deliver?

I doubt there will be a lot of people who will want birds each week.  Having birds maturing at different times might be nice, but I would need something like 20 separate pens for the growing birds, even if all birds sold each week.  If I had 50 or 100 leftovers each week, I'd need extra pens for each group of those.   That could also cause a cleanliness/biohazard nightmare.  As well as more work per hundred birds than I want.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
dodgeboy
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 06:22:40 PM »

Iam in ontario and i can ship birds. Also depends where u are if u tell me the state u are in later on i can deliver them just working on buying a new truck but let me know where u are.
Dodgegal79
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 02:06:20 AM »

Have you researched what you need  to ship bird to the US?? I know to bring them up here you need a health certificate and its not really worth all the effort unless they are really needed.
dodgeboy
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 10:17:52 AM »

ya i have looked in to it it will be worth it if i can sell alot of birds to the states
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 03:40:18 PM »

ya i have looked in to it it will be worth it if i can sell alot of birds to the states

dodgeboy,

Enlighten us good people from the United States of America. What are the custom(s) requirement from both sides of the fence? Are you going to be a bird broker and take care of all paperwork that is going to be needed on the Federal Level? Are you also going to take care of all the required documention on the state(s) level as well?

Who will be paying for the quarantine period if needed?

What is the price break down on the birds in US Dollars per 5000, 10,000, 20,000 and 50,000? Will this price include all costs related to the shipment/customs?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Dodgegal79
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 01:21:04 AM »

Have you looked into selling them to a packer in Ontario? I know here in BC I have one that is wanting my grow pheasants and chukars for them.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »

If you are in GTA or close try Chinatown.
Now about cross border shipping, you may want to slow down and rethink it. There are too many regulations/paperwork/inspections for it to prove viable. that's why some of Canadas largest breeders can't/won't ship to the U.S.
Whatever you decide good luck and don't get too discouraged.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
dodgeboy
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »

I cant seem to find a packer in ontario. I would ship them anywhere if i could find a packer
Dodgegal79
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »

I will look through my paperwork, I've been researching it for a while and their are a few in Ontario. I'll give you a email when I find it.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 01:23:14 PM »

Iam in ontario and i can ship birds. Also depends where u are if u tell me the state u are in later on i can deliver them just working on buying a new truck but let me know where u are.

I'm in Southern Missouri, I'm afraid shipping would drive prices too high, even if the birds were free.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »