Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:35:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  birdlover???????
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: birdlover???????  (Read 26134 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 07:12:18 PM »

So who is maintaning the property when there is no one there? I am assuming this is a gated community as well, correct?

Steve
Pheasnat Hollow Farm

Well across from the house, as you can see in a couple of the pictures is my cousin's house. So they make sure everything is ok, my cousin's husband is a contrator so he deals with this area.  He does an excellent job at what he does.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »

I am assuming this is a gated community as well, correct?

Steve
Pheasnat Hollow Farm

And the answer is..........

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 08:44:09 PM »

[quote author=birdlover17     This area in NC doesn't allow chickens or pigs, which are the only livestock not allowed. So i'm sure a couple licences or permits would be all that i need if any.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          the area does not allow CHICKENS  or pigs what makes you think they will allow pheasant and quail etc. etc.
    this  should answer the gated community question !

you will need a better hiding place than under the deck.  or else....  bummer I cant find the community association gathering to tar and feather birdlover icon  s020

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 09:57:58 PM »

Thehrrr  Ya  go

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 10:53:42 PM »

::)

s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »

the area does not allow CHICKENS  or pigs what makes you think they will allow pheasant and quail etc. etc.
    this  should answer the gated community question !

Because my cousin has pheasants thats why!!

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 01:50:37 PM »

You forgot to tell us that. That changes everything.  We need details so we don't have to read between the lines.  That sounds good for you, how long do you figure you'll live there?   Nice place.

Does that make it permissable?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 02:43:38 PM »

You forgot to tell us that. That changes everything.  We need details so we don't have to read between the lines.  That sounds good for you, how long do you figure you'll live there?   Nice place.

hey charlie,
Sorry about that guys i thought you knew my cousins had pheasants in NC i beleive i told you guys one time, but its ok. He has pheasants, partridges,  over 45 doves, over 58 rabbits. He's had them for awhile, i actually helped him get his birds. To be honest with you, i wish i lived their now, i can't wait.  As long as the birds will be taken care of, i'll probably ask my cousin to feed them when i'm not there, but dont know yet. How can i have birds there if i'll be here sometimes. I just need time to think it through. 
Thanks!!!

birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 09:56:02 PM »

[/quote]
hey charlie,
Sorry about that guys i thought you knew my cousins had pheasants in NC i beleive i told you guys one time, but its ok. He has pheasants, partridges,  over 45 doves, over 58 rabbits. He's had them for awhile, i actually helped him get his birds. To be honest with you, i wish i lived their now, i can't wait.  As long as the birds will be taken care of, i'll probably ask my cousin to feed them when i'm not there, but dont know yet. How can i have birds there if i'll be here sometimes. I just need time to think it through. 
Thanks!!!
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  thats good that you can keep birds there birdlover. now that you are out of school and thinking of collage maybe your cousin could use some help down there you could be the official chef and bird caretaker 

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 09:12:56 AM »

you could be the official chef and bird caretaker 

Genius of an idea!   You could get yourself one of those 3-wheeled bicycles that has a big box on the back, pop-out grille, and deep fryer on the side with a giant umbrella.....and of course horn and bell for safety purposes, and maybe some fringe on the handlebars?  Put some quail in it, run around the countryside selling fresh killed/cooked poultry?  Reach in the box (feathers flying everywhere), grap a bird, slap it down on the decking board, chop its head off and toss it in the deep fryer. It'd be just like one of those japanese restuarants.  You'll have to think of a snazzy name for it. 

Yep, you could be where you want to be down south, cookin', raisin' gamebirds, and own your own business.  You're set!    :wink:

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 12:39:09 PM »

"Mikey's  Bikey"

Killed & Grilled

While you Wait
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:43:14 PM by wildergamebirds » Logged

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »

you could be the official chef and bird caretaker 

Genius of an idea!   You could get yourself one of those 3-wheeled bicycles that has a big box on the back, pop-out grille, and deep fryer on the side with a giant umbrella.....and of course horn and bell for safety purposes, and maybe some fringe on the handlebars?  Put some quail in it, run around the countryside selling fresh killed/cooked poultry?  Reach in the box (feathers flying everywhere), grap a bird, slap it down on the decking board, chop its head off and toss it in the deep fryer. It'd be just like one of those japanese restuarants.  You'll have to think of a snazzy name for it. 

Yep, you could be where you want to be down south, cookin', raisin' gamebirds, and own your own business.  You're set!    :wink:

j41 j41 s020 s020 Good idea charlie!!
Except i'll be a pastry chef not a regular chef, but sounds great anyways. Yeah a 2 in 1 chef and bird caretaker sounds great.

Thanks for all the ideas and daily laugh!! j2

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 01:32:04 PM »

I guess it would really be a "Trike"

Glad you found a sense of humor (are you going to return it?

Could you blend the two?

Maybe wrap a quail breast in a flaky pastry, like a fancy "pig in a blanket".

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »

hey charlie,
Thanks!!!

birdlover,

Why haven't you ever posted pictures of your cousins set up???

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »

]

j41 j41 s020 s020 Good idea charlie!!
Except i'll be a pastry chef not a regular chef, but sounds great anyways. Yeah a 2 in 1 chef and bird caretaker sounds great.

Thanks for all the ideas and daily laugh!! j2
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Birdlover  you could make Pheasant  egg and quail  croissants ??  put  Mickey D,s  out of the breakfast biz.    Wilder keep the (Pig) in a blanket reference quiet he cant have those. you will get him in trouble.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »