Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:11:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Time Change
« previous next »
Linked Events
  • Daylight Savings Time Ends: November 01, 2008
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time Change  (Read 4694 times)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« on: October 15, 2008, 10:21:17 AM »

Just a reminder......... Daylight Savings Time Ends November 2nd, 2008.     s49 

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 10:25:20 AM »

God I hate that..I think that I will just stay the same.. i9  but thanks for the reminder... i5

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:29:20 AM »

Slider it seems like it would take more than a clock to change you 
                                                                                                  s020
I also hate change :grin:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:29:29 PM »

ohhh i dont think i'll be ready for change, looking forward to spring again.... s020

Change can be good in a few ways, like an extra hour of sleep.. j41

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 04:03:14 PM »

Yea Pete...2 good women have tried... s020

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 06:35:18 AM »

For those that are interested.........

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

When we change our clocks
Beginning in 2007, most of the United States begins Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 a.m. on the second Sunday in March and reverts to standard time on the first Sunday in November. In the U.S., each time zone switches at a different time.

Spring forward, Fall back
During DST, clocks are turned forward an hour, effectively moving an hour of daylight from the morning to the evening.

Year  DST Begins at 2 a.m.  DST Ends     at 2 a.m.
2003 April 6 October 26
2004 April 4 October 31
2005 April 3 October 30
2006 April 2 October 29
2007 March 11 November 4
2008 March 9 November 2
2009 March 8 November 1
2010 March 14 November 7

Date change in 2007
On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday in March and end the first Sunday in November. The Secretary of Energy will report the impact of this change to Congress. Congress retains the right to resume the 2005 Daylight Saving Time schedule once the Department of Energy study is complete.

Some U.S. areas
For the U.S. and its territories, Daylight Saving Time is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Arizona. The Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, even in Arizona, due to its large size and location in three states.

Taken from http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
tweezy50
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 09:06:44 PM »

:-o  Wow ! I have trouble planning what I'm going to do tomorrow!  Knowing 2 years ahead of time is somwthing ! Thanks, Steve, for the info !!  Bet we are among the few that know this now !!
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 04:47:54 PM »

I'm working between Alberta and Saskatchewan, Alta. changes, Sask don't! Last time out, I had to stay in Alta. and travel to the jobsite in Sask., about a 1.5 hr. drive, now come Nov. 2, I will have nothing but a pina over this STUPID time change.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »