Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:02:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Button Quail in NC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Button Quail in NC  (Read 3613 times)
rebii1
« on: January 26, 2007, 08:32:34 AM »

Hello all,
This is my first posting and I hope it is appropriate. I bought my wife several pairs of Zebra finches 2 years ago and have been raising and selling my babies at a local pet shop. I became interested in Button quail and purchased some eggs from Ebay and hatched seven babies ( after several tries). I have hatched four broods from my first 3 pairs - they are so cute when they are young- I now have 40 birds that I need to find homes for. They are great for the bottom of aviaries with other birds. They also have the advantage of not hatching and rearing their own chicks so the eggs must be incubated (breeding is not uncontrolled). I am keeping all of these birds in my house and need to move them out. Is there anyone in the Charlotte area who would be interested in receiving some or all of these quail for free. All I ask is you give them a good home. You can contact me at rebii2000@aol.com for further info. This is just too many birds for in the house. Thank you.
JohnInDixon
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 09:19:09 AM »

Put a notice up at local feed/pet stores.

G'luck

John
rebii1
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 06:54:25 PM »

Thanks John,
That is an excellent idea. I read more postings and was pleased to see people stressing what will be done with the babies. I did not realize how aggressive button males can be toward each other in too tight a space.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »