Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Members Pictures
| | |-+  From drought to snow to rain....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From drought to snow to rain....  (Read 19904 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 11:43:42 AM »

Steve have you seen an old man in a real big boat ??

The biggest I've had was a 1972 27' Silverton.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Steve, I think he was talking about the early 300 cubit model, I think it was a Chriscraft.  It came with build in flight pens, as well as pet crates, and slept eight.

Nothing rides like a wooden boat.

I did have an old 22 wooden Owens which slept 4, gally and head. j2

It was powered by a Chevy small block 327CI and 350 horse.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 11:45:31 AM »

Here is my bridge s53

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 11:46:20 AM »

Bridge again  s53

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 11:47:27 AM »

Lower walkabout and creek  s80

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 11:48:30 AM »

Lower walk about from food plot 2  s80

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 11:49:39 AM »

Bottom field #5 along the creek  s53

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »

My once empty pond(July-07 ) #3  c53

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 11:53:53 AM »

Pond # 2 behind the house which has started to drain into an overflow pond.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 11:55:49 AM »

The last time we had floods like this was Jan-05..

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 11:56:22 AM »

I hope you have some high ground there, somewhere.   That's starting to look like some serious  s80

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 12:09:55 PM »

our creek floods our driving so we can't get out and it almost takes out the county road almost every spring. The bridge has supports in the water every 6ft. or so, and when ice breaks up in the spring it gets jamed up on the bridge and the water backs up and floods the driveway and some of our property s176 s176 We REALLY want the city to replace the bridge, it is about 60 years too :evil:
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 12:16:30 PM »

I hope you have some high ground there, somewhere.   That's starting to look like some serious  s80

When we move here in May of 2000, we were required to have flood insurance. I had gotten an updated survey done. The lower portion of the property is in the FEMA Flood Zone. Where the house sits is  200 feet up from where the last 100 year flood zone was reported. My house is up on a hill. The water would have to rise 15 foot higher from the river bank to reach my foundation. Any of the other buildings that are in the flood zone would not be covered under FEMA flood insurance so we drop the policy.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »

our creek floods our driving so we can't get out and it almost takes out the county road almost every spring. The bridge has supports in the water every 6ft. or so, and when ice breaks up in the spring it gets jamed up on the bridge and the water backs up and floods the driveway and some of our property s176 s176 We REALLY want the city to replace the bridge, it is about 60 years too :evil:

Since I own the bridge, the State doesn't give two SH s53 itS what happens. I had the State truck ride past here this morning while I was trying to move a tree trunk that was against the bridge, and they wouldn't even stop to help. They even had a backhoe on their truck. This is even before the bridge flooded.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2007, 04:29:47 PM »

That sucks....at least the bridge that gets us flooded is the cities so they come out and unplug it...our bridge that is about 100 yards upstream from the cities and is a free spaning, so it doesn't get blocked up....it sucks when in early spring in a matter of a night our creek(which is really the size of a river) can rise 6ft. and flood our put part of our driveway under 3ft. of water, about 5 years ago when they say we had our 100 year flood the water rose about 12ft. and was about 1ft. away from washing our dam out which would of probably of flooded our house. Thank God it didn't i6
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 05:39:33 AM »

Well the day of the flood, Dec.13th, the waters receded around 6pm and my bridge was passable after the removal of various debris.

I spent a good part of yesterday morning since we had gotten backwater, trying to remove one tree trunk that was better then 18" in dia. and a good 15 foot long that was laying sideways to the bridge, by pushing it through the culvert pipe.

The other tree and I do mean tree s53 is better the 20 feet and has the root base with it. I pulled it with the Polaris Ranger up the side of the creek as far as I could and tied it with 3/4" rope to a Black Walnut tree at the road. The root base of that tree is still in front of the culvert pipe.

Half of my bottom field number 5 food plot has been washed out.. Less work for the spring of 08 tilling I guess s020 s020 s53

All ponds except for pond #3 are over flowing. I even found one of my Japanese coy fish floating in the yard.  Nothing like  c53 for dead fish s020

Just think, I get to do it all again  s53 after this next storm passes s80

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »