Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:05:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  damn raccoons............
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: damn raccoons............  (Read 26898 times)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »

I would have put him on the Barbe....thats 3 or 4 good meals...and a couple of sandwitches..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2008, 12:18:39 PM »

HE STRIKES AGAIN!!!    s12   s80

That damn raccoon just doesn't stop, i have had it already with this  s53 coon, just dont know what to do i've tried every possible way to get rid of this thing. There is no way he can get in the pond its covered.  i just want this battle to be over already, now because hes entering my pond constanly god help me if he hurt my koi, i'll kill him..... c110 c110 c110   Hes driving me nuts!!

These are pictures of what he did last night,  pratically took some of the liner off the ground, knocking all the plant pots down.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2008, 05:54:07 PM »

birdlover,

There isn't any picture s80

Steve
Pheasant Hollow farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2008, 08:59:53 PM »

The only thing that I have found that works for coons, and black bears is hot wires, that they pay attention to. Great horned owls also.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:17:29 AM by Jake Levi » Logged

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2008, 12:23:25 AM »

even  raccoons like a little  sushi  now and then  a28

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2008, 01:03:20 AM »

So birdlover,

What happen to the pictures? Inquiring minds want to know s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2008, 02:18:20 PM »

sorry about the pictures i deleted it by accident, i attached them to the post but i guess they didnt come out great.  For the raccoon i took a small fish and added plenty of pepper to it, cayenne and chili powder, i guess the coon took a bite of that and never wanted to come back again.... s020

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2008, 03:46:46 PM »

Hey,
Couldn't believe my eyes last night, I was in my house just playing around, then here comes my  sister telling me that she saw raccoons outside.  In a split second i ran out to see for myself, i went out and didn't see or hear anything, until i see these raccoons one by one climb down my neighbor's tree, they sounded just like squirrels how they ran down that tree. I immediately took a rock, a ball of dirt anything to throw at them, then i ran to get the hose to scare them off, i wanted to give those coons what they deserved. Let me just tell you i saw so many coons that i lost count their must of been 7 coons if not more their, when i saw the coons come down the tree their were some pretty small so I'm guessing their were some babies, and also all the coons were in a group together.  After they scurried down that tree they were going around my neighbors deck searching around plant pots, my neighbor has his lights by the door opened and their was one coon who just ran up to the door, thought that he was going to enter  s020  i thought coon were scared of lights guess not.

Well, I've seen it all, wish i had pictures to show you guys.  What a night.... c110....................... a27 a27 a27 a27 a27 a27 a27
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:48:24 PM by birdlover17 » Logged

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2008, 12:21:02 PM »

Well, quit playing around in the house and get busy..looks like you have meat for the winter..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:56:38 PM by slider » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »

Well, quite playing around in the house and get busy..looks like you have meat for the winter..

yeah i wouldn't eat a city coon, maybe a rural coon  s020

PAcortunix

« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »

Get the trap set and leave it.......Also you can try marshmallows/peanut butter to get the coon. I trap and know that coons have a thing for sweets. Also if it is a family it would be wise to have more than one trap. And when you do relocate them make sure it is FAR away. And I'm kinda wondering why some folk are doubting that there could be coons in NYC. Coons can pretty muchly live anywhere there is food and water...which could even be an apartment building.
Good Luck with the Coon Capper!
You need a good ole .22!!
 c110

~Owner and Breeder of quality~
Jumbo Brown Cortunix Quail
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »

Get the trap set and leave it.......Also you can try marshmallows/peanut butter to get the coon. I trap and know that coons have a thing for sweets. Also if it is a family it would be wise to have more than one trap. And when you do relocate them make sure it is FAR away. And I'm kinda wondering why some folk are doubting that there could be coons in NYC. Coons can pretty muchly live anywhere there is food and water...which could even be an apartment building.
Good Luck with the Coon Capper!
You need a good ole .22!!
 c110

Thanks for the advice PAcoturnix, but is it worth it to bait a trap if their are more then 20 coons roaming around?, your bound to not get all of them. I think an electric fence would be better, but my pond is ok now i covered it entirely with wire mesh, it doesnt look all that great with the mesh buts its this or i have to wake up every morning finding my fish gone missing.  Yeah coons are pratical city animal i dont either understand why its hard to believe that a city area wouldn't have coons.

Yep i do need a good ole .22 but i'm not old enough to own one, or am I ?.. :-|..... s020

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2008, 10:47:12 PM »

Technically, in the real world, you are.  In Liberalville, I doubt it.  Good idea, for you?  Let's vote on it.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2008, 11:09:22 PM »

Well if he was born in Louisiana he would have been given one the day he was born...

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2008, 05:27:19 PM »

but is it worth it to bait a trap if their are more then 20 coons roaming around?, your bound to not get all of them.

Don't give up so easy.   I'd get those coons one way or another. Make yourself a new hat or some underwear with their hides.  You could be the neighborhood taxidermist, along with all those other names the neighbors have gave you.

^-^

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 06:24:55 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »