Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  Cost of Raising Quail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cost of Raising Quail  (Read 12111 times)
Bob White
« on: April 25, 2004, 07:30:15 PM »

I want to know how much it cost to raise Bob White Quail fourteen weeks.  I want to know the feed costs.  What home grown feeds can be produced that will be comparable to Purina Quail Feed :?:

Bob White
scc
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 08:05:26 PM »

If you are talking about the cost of feed only you will be looking at between .60 cents to 1.00 per bird depending on the cost of your feed. I raise mine to 16 weeks and averaged about 1.30 per bird total cost (feed, water, electric, etc.).
derk1

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 08:20:28 PM »

This should be a brooding and raising topic,Why do you want to compare to Purina? Everything is cheaper than they are but they do make very good feed.
Bob White
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 11:09:33 PM »

Thanks, derk1 and
scc and for your comments.  I would be interested in knowing what feed you use.  Do you ever make your own feed?  Do you know who to contact for information on how to make your own feed?  Any information regarding raising quail would be appreciated.
scc
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 07:26:15 AM »

I generally use purina. On occasion I wil use arrow but the purina seems to be a bit better in quality and is not that much more expensive, and is about 2 points higher in protein.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »