Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:56:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  West Virginia
| | | |-+  Time to renew your game bird farm license
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time to renew your game bird farm license  (Read 18533 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: December 29, 2008, 05:56:37 AM »

December 31st is the expiration date on the game farm license.

For all those of us in the State of WV, don't forget to get all your paperwork in order, along with the new game bird application renewal form.

Also remember that you must include your current WV business license if you haven't done so.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Lonnie

Personal Text

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 06:20:08 PM »

Steve,
   I am considering raising quail.I am trying to find out what all of the legalities are in Wv.Looked online to find rules and regulations but aren't sure who I contact. I found this site and read a post of yours about all of the paperwork.Who do I contact about the paperwork? I want to make sure I have all the info I need before I decide to do this.Any information you could offer would be greatly appreciated and Thank you for your time.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 05:07:39 AM »

Steve,
   I am considering raising quail.I am trying to find out what all of the legalities are in Wv.Looked online to find rules and regulations but aren't sure who I contact. I found this site and read a post of yours about all of the paperwork.Who do I contact about the paperwork? I want to make sure I have all the info I need before I decide to do this.Any information you could offer would be greatly appreciated and Thank you for your time.

Lonnie,

Stage of events:

1 First you have to get a WV business license. The license has to be for the birds only.

2 You have to get a commercial game farm application from you local DNR office. While you are there getting the application, ask them for the RULES and REGULATIONS pertaining to raising game birds.

3 Once you have finished tasks 1 and 2 now build your shelter area, and flight pen. Once this has been completed and you feel that you have made this to conform to the RULES and REGULATIONS you are half way there. Call your local DNR office and tell them that you would like to have you flight pen and shelter area inspected prior to receiving the birds.

4 You can only purchase hatchable eggs and birds from a WV DNR licensed game bird breeder. There are many people in WV that sell game birds, make sure they have a license and  it is posted at their facilities and is for the current year.  If you want to purchase from out of state you will have to get an importation permit from Charleston, and prior to either birds or eggs being ship into this state, you have to have a valid copy of the N.P.I.P. form and a valid copy showing that the eggs or birds came from stock A.I. certified clean as well.

5 Once you have selected your birds from a licensed breeder, now you have to fill out the Commercial Game Breeder application showing the type of birds, quantity and sex. You will also need a survey of the property that the birds will be kept at. The Game Bird permit cost  $10.00 a yr, ending DEC 31st. The WV business license is free if you put it under agriculture. All the information needed for the Commercial Game Farm application has to be presented at the time of the permit approval. Make sure you have a copy of the DNR- LE- 33B Game Farm Animal Acquisition\Disposition as proof of purchase.

6 when the fun begins, Paperwork. There is a form for everything in raising game birds, even for a little as one (1) bird.

Here are the following forms that you will need from them as well.

1 DNR-LE-33A (1-1-2002) GAME FARM ANIMAL ACQUISITION\DISPOSITION
(Animal Death Record/Animal Birth Record) This form is to be filled out in the event of the birds death, whether it is natural causes, food consumption, or whatever the cause is. It is also the same form used for any eggs that you may decide to hatch out. This form has to be mailed to your local DNR office within 30 days, even though it states 15.

2 DNR-LE-33B (1-1-2002) GAME FARM ANIMAL ACQUISITION\DISPOSITION
(Animal Bill of Sale\ Transfer record) This form is used when you sell any adults, chicks, or hatchable eggs. This form is used if you release bird either on your property or someone else’s. The DNR gets a copy, the buyer gets a copy, and you retain a copy for your records.

3 DNR- LE-32 (1-1-2002) GAME FARM LICENSE RECORD.
Everything to do on all the other forms go on this form as well. This is the record that you need when you renew you license. This is the form that you use when you purchase any form of game birds either adults or chicks, or hatchable eggs.

The State of WV and the DNR what an accurate count of the total birds that you have in your possession. If you have 100 birds to start out with, they want a running count of where every bird has gone. As long as you keep accurate records you wont have any problems. I have been doing this since 2001.

I hope this helps you out!

Send me a PM and I will give you my email for any other questions that you may have that I can help you with.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
DNR # D6-16-10GF1

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »