Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Help quail dieing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help quail dieing  (Read 6626 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 07:21:38 PM »

P.S JohninDixxon is a good guy

and the rest of us are not ?  :laugh:
chickmatt
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 12:14:49 AM »

yes they were shipped and none of them cracked. they sent me 105 andall 105 were ok. 30 hatched but their were some others that didnt hatch that were still in shellsd appeared to be fully developed
ChrisCarreiro

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 11:09:58 AM »

Matt,

They were just not healthy eggs, they might have been scrambled in shipping, that is what happened to me. You need to find someone who packages eggs really good. Because what you are describing happen EXACTLY the same way to me.

Chris

Chris Carreiro
Swansea,MA
JohnInDixon
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 11:50:48 AM »

I've had hatches where they pipped a hole through and I could see them trying to continue it around the cap, but they never make it. I used to try and help them out, but they never survived when I did. I make sure the humidity is in the proper range so they don't "dry to the shell" but they don't even get out of the shell.  It's heartbreaking because you can hear them chirping...
I also be sure to give them extra days to get out of the shell. But sometimes its just not meant to be.

Hang in there and keep trying.

John

P.S. Chris is OK too.  In fact, ALL of you are swell! How's that for a Beaver Cleaver moment!?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »