Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:58:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Any deer hunting success?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any deer hunting success?  (Read 35928 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 06:58:48 PM »

WOW Steve that's great they pose for a picture and then stick around till you get your gun. c110
I don't have it quite that good. I'm about a mile off the road and 100 yards into a swamp for my deer.
I am always looking at a 2 or 3 hour drag to get them out.
I don't recall how much meat I got from the butcher on my 8pt. I will say it was one of the best tasting that I have taken.
Could of just been because of the effort it took to get him.
Couldn't tell the difference between this and a 2.5 year old. A lot depends on the way it's cooked

Here is another pose of the 9pt.

Steve
PheasantHollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 07:00:24 PM »

.......and one more. I actually had to yell to hime to lift his head up.  s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 11:04:25 PM »

Robert was not smiling like that when he was building you them cages.... s020   Hows the Limur ???????

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 11:28:24 PM »

I know... Now you see what makes him happy... It's not spending quality time with me!!  :cry:
Liam the crazy Lemur is good!! He enjoys his massages and cuddles up with the cats. Although, there are two gray ones that he apparently thinks are lemurs too, and he gets into little scuffles with them. Only those two... And when he sees his reflection in the grandfather clock he pins his ears and makes this screeching noise... Either he thinks he's ugly or that there is an intruder!!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 08:03:38 AM »

I haven't gotten him .......yet.    :grin:   But I've been watching.  Gun season doesn't open here until monday.
He's 12-14 point, I'll be able to tell you for sure and have better pictures monday afternoon.     ^-^

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:14:50 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 08:05:30 AM »

......and one of his friends.........

c110                                                                                          a29

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 08:11:18 AM »

This one is kinda small, I'll let him go for the kids.    :grin:

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 08:24:20 AM »

NICE !!!!!!!! and good for you letting the kids hunt..my son killed his first deer and turkey when he was 11 yrs. old.  He still has the picture of when we put the blood all over his face...

NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 09:31:58 AM »

Good looking deer CharlieHorse. How many tags can you fill?
What do you guess for weight? Never mind just post a picture on Monday when you have him on the scale.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 09:43:44 PM »

I haven't gotten him .......yet.    :grin:   But I've been watching.  Gun season doesn't open here until monday.
He's 12-14 point, I'll be able to tell you for sure and have better pictures monday afternoon.     ^-^

You should cull those runts as they'll continue to add bad genes to the Deer pool !
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 12:15:05 AM »

NICE !!!!!!!! and good for you letting the kids hunt..my son killed his first deer and turkey when he was 11 yrs. old.  He still has the picture of when we put the blood all over his face...

s020   Thanks!  One is almost 16 and the other is going on 13. The daughter (21), doesn't do any hunting. They wear me down.  But they know how the pecking order works and who can peck the hardest.   ^-^ 

You should cull those runts as they'll continue to add bad genes to the Deer pool !

I agree, these puney deer get on my nerves!    :x   I didn't post the picture of the good one, it would be too much publicity this close to deer season, the woods would be nothing but orange around here.   :grin:  The darn things are well fed, I do know that!!   s80  The corn fields still amaze me as to how much they are rooting around in there. I don't think I'll even need to plow next year, they've already done it! I'm thinking that I'll never be able to grow any corn around here............ or anything else.   :-|

Good looking deer CharlieHorse. How many tags can you fill?
What do you guess for weight? Never mind just post a picture on Monday when you have him on the scale.

Thanks Pete! Fed the __ards with my own sweat and blood!   :grin:  I can buy six tags, but only one buck (antlered) per person, per year.  I would have no idea on the weight on any deer, I've never weighed such a beast.  I'll try to post pictures monday evening, but I may be too busy until later in the week with all the media coverage, phone calls and all.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 01:00:58 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 06:12:13 AM »

Didn't they write a sng about you ?

Something about it being hard to be humble ?

s020
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 07:51:11 AM »

OK you got my interest up now...... Maybe you can get a spot on that hunting show with all them girls on it... s020

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2008, 10:29:58 AM »

::)

I've been known to sing that tune to my wife and kids before, I think it's funnier than you know what!!  They think I'm crazy for some odd reason.  I tell them that I am......and look at who they're hanging with!!   :grin:

s020      s020

cv
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 05:29:28 PM »

hmmm ???
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 06:12:17 PM by cv » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »