Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:25:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  11-07-08 Feast for the Beast, in Mankind
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 11-07-08 Feast for the Beast, in Mankind  (Read 25703 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 03:15:49 AM »

ode,

Don't worry about it, you'll get thick skinned just like the rest of us. Hang in there, your just still wet behined the ears.

Look at birdlover, he has turned out like a Timex Watch. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 09:11:43 AM »

Yep!!! birdlover is one thick skinned dude... s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
ode2god
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 12:39:15 PM »

thanks pleasant i will :-*
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 08:45:06 AM »

Keep your chin up Ode, even I can be nice, when I have too. :grin:

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »

just thinking about the Thanksgiving menu, of course including the usual foods and a few a little different, going to be making my southern pecan pie and maybe a cranberry dessert.  Guys have you thought about what to make?, i'd love to hear your thoughts and what your menu's are, cooks can learn from each other.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 07:24:11 PM by birdlover17 » Logged

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 06:13:08 PM »

Guys have you thought about what to make

I figure that I'll try to make my way to the table and when finished there, I'll probably make my way to the couch.

i'd love to hear your thoughts and what your menu's are, cooks can learn from each other.

You'd have to talk to my wife and her mother.  I cut wood, keep the house warm, keep the roof from leaking, and make sure she has enough money to keep food in the frig.

I'm the foresaken patefamilia!!!   I don't cook! :wink:    .........well, at I don't let her know anyway.   ^-^ That way she doesn't expect anything.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 06:55:07 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
ode2god
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »

were making turkey,widow makers reg mashed potatoes ,stuffing,green bean casseral,scalloped corn,yams,cranberrysauce both kinds and for dessert pumkin cheesecake p33
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 07:27:19 PM »

Guys have you thought about what to make?

I figure that I'll try to make my way to the table and when finished there, I'll probably make my way to the couch.

i'd love to hear your thoughts and what your menu's are, cooks can learn from each other.

You'd have to talk to my wife and her mother.  I cut wood, keep the house warm, keep the roof from leaking, and make sure she has enough money to keep food in the frig.

I'm the foresaken patefamilia!!!   I don't cook! :wink:    .........well, at I don't let her know anyway.   ^-^ That way she doesn't expect anything.

s020 As long as they cook you a good feast you'll be set and happy.  Maybe you could help with the dishes........ j41 just kidding,   enjoy yourself.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2008, 07:31:45 PM »

were making turkey,widow makers reg mashed potatoes ,stuffing,green bean casseral,scalloped corn,yams,cranberrysauce both kinds and for dessert pumkin cheesecake p33

Sounds great patricia!! try some cornbread, baked potaotes, popovers or some kind of cranberry bread for eating with the turkey and other meats.  Is turkey the only meat your serving?  I personally just stick to tradional turkey fine by me, even if it might come out dry as long as the gravy and/or cranberry sauce is coming i'll put it to good use. 

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2008, 05:35:17 AM »

I will be smoking the turkey and spiral ham with Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey wood smoking chips. The wood chip come from the OLD No.7 Brand discountinued old oak barrels.

The final stage of the turkey will be finished in the oven, and the Ham will get a brown sugar glaze. If I remember, I will take some pictures and post.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
ode2god
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 11:25:38 AM »

im going to pleasants for dinner lol, c49 my mom cooked two turkeys at once in a slow cooker for the moose lodge lol...first  time i saw that done...oh and birdlover im going to make a ham with a pineapple glaze as well... j45
Pretty_Bird

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 07:24:44 AM »

Time grows near for the up comming feast, this year my guest list is down a few from last year so there will be only 54 people here to eat dinner with the family.
 We will be serving:
 3 Turkeys each are about 13 pound birds.
1 will be traditional oven baked the other 2 shall be smoked each with different seasonings.
My husband will do the honnor of smoking the birds I know he uses Hickory and Sassafras chips and past that I'm at a loss as it has always been his job to tend the smoker.
This year at our guests request he will be smoking some 30 Quail also.
 1 large Honey glazed ham baked to perfection
 For the Beef lover in all of us we'll have Prime Rib & Fresh Horseradish
 That takes care of the choices of meat.

Brown Gravy  and Turkey Gravy

Home made dressing

The Potato shall be mashed :NOTE: I always add Cream Cheese and Sour Cream to the mashed taters along with the butter, when using the sour cream you don't need milk or very very little milk depending on how thin you want them to be. This does make them taste GOOD!! and some Augrattin and Potato salad
Candied Sweet Potatoes with Marsh Mellows on top.

Broccoli & Cauliflower with Cheese sauce, Baked beans, Green Bean Casserole, Cole Slaw, Corn on the Cob, Buttered Baby Carrots, Shells N Cheese for the kids,
Deviled Eggs, Cranberry sauce, Marinated Cucumbers and onions, 7 cup Fruit salad, Jello salad, Beet pickles,  Relish tray,

Fresh baked Yeast Rolls, Onion Bread, Potato Bread,

Fresh Baked pies to include:
 Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Lemon Meringue, Butterscotch Cream, Chocolate Cream, Mince meat, Pecan, Apple, Cherry, Blackberry Gobbler, Rhubarb Cobbler, Gooseberry Cobbler, Raspberry Cheese cake, German Chocolate Cake.
 Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream.

Sassafras Tea, Coffee, Milk, and beverages of all kinds to accommodate the meal.

We are expecting about 54 people to be here to eat with us and usually a few will pop in unexpectedly.
 My husband and daughters will deliver at least 25 to 30 plates of food to the elderly and dissabled around our town. This is a tradition that my mother started some 50 years ago and after her passing we have continued to do it for the past 14 years.
Mother enjoyed cooking and she  always thought of those less fortunate. She would bring every one of the elderly that could get out of their homes to our house so they didn't have to spend the holidays home alone, those that couldn't get out of their homes she would deliver a complete meal with all the trimmings to them. Then for the next week she would travel around and collect her dishes and silverware.
 As the chief cook and bottle washer I am very thankfull for disposable dishes and silverware.
 Even though it was her pet peeve NOT TO SERVE FOOD ON DISPOSABLE DISHES!!!!
I think having to go back and get the dishes was her way of checking in on them and making sure they were alright.
   Enjoy the Time you have with family and friends for we are here only a short time.
Pretty_Bird

ode2god
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 11:24:37 AM »

awesome  dinner menu pretty bird  a29  i bet your daughters will be a big help. my daughters will too but ,we're all holding our breath to see how much longer becky will last shes already starting to dilate 1-3 wks and baby will be here..instead of dinners to the homeless we might be delivering a baby,lol a24
Pretty_Bird

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 12:42:16 PM »

Gongrats on the comming new arrival!!!!
 As far as help from the daughters goes, HUM I have one daughter who is a baker she loves to bake and the other daughter is a photographer ( so in short I have a BAKER and a PICTURE TAKER ha ha)
The kitchen is mine but they will help with the dish up and the t transportation of the dinners to allow me time to tend the persons at the house..

By the way do you know if it's a BOY or a GIRL yet?????

I'm hatching baby Georgia Giants today so far about 60 have hatched and on Turkey day my other incubator will hatch..

I have to start working on getting my nuts cracked and picked out to make Christmas Candy....
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »

Well, no fancy cakes for me this year, but thanks for the shout out with the turkey cake from last year... Got another comment on that today too... I'll be cooking this year. Turkey (marinated in a mixture of brown sugar, apple juice, & cider vinegar), baked corn, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, noodles, green bean casserole, cheese ball, rolls, etc.  The usual I guess. But i try to find a different recipe for at least the turkey every year. Oh, pumpkin roll. Can't forget that.
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Stay warm. It's been downright cold here although "they" (whoever "they" are...) say its gonna warm up some. To at least above freezing... Bon appetit!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »