Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:12:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Hello Everyone....new here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello Everyone....new here  (Read 3568 times)
peppersnack

Personal Text

« on: March 21, 2009, 08:17:50 AM »

w1 Hi everyone, I am new here and looking forward to discussions with everyone.  This is very new to me on raising quail and very excited about it.  We have raised chickens and quail seems to be growing more in popularity....We are trying our first hatch with 60 eggs...so see how we do....crossing fingers.
greyghost
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:51:35 PM »

s016 Peppersnack, what kind are you starting with? Ghost.
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 06:26:12 PM »

s016 to the forum like greyghost said what kind of quail are you starting with. Hope you ain't going to have those quail  close to any chickens. b3 thank ya Jim
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 08:47:30 PM »

s016 to the forum and tell us how the hatching goes

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
Man Cave

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:59:43 PM »

Welcome to the forum Peppersnack. What kind of quail are you trying to hatch?
Circle R Ranch Kevin Rockholt

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 11:50:16 PM »

s016  to the forum Peppersnack!   Look forward to hearing what you are raising also.

Circle R Ranch - Kevin Rockholt - Pasadena, Tx - Licensed by the State of TX.  Lic. #  4661
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 08:19:51 AM »

s016

gl3

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
cgooch1

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 10:43:37 AM »

w1 Hi everyone, I am new here and looking forward to discussions with everyone.  This is very new to me on raising quail and very excited about it.  We have raised chickens and quail seems to be growing more in popularity....We are trying our first hatch with 60 eggs...so see how we do....crossing fingers.

Hello Peppersnack,
  Welcome, I am also a brand new member, & I wish you the best of luck with your quail.  I am convinced that the members of this forum will assist all the new members with information that we will need inorder for us to be suscessful.  Calvin

"Vietnam SkySoldier" (1966-67 & 68)  We Always Provided Our Enemy The Maximum Opportunity To Die For His Cause!!!!!
peppersnack

Personal Text

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 12:33:07 PM »

Thanks for the welcomes....very much appreciated.   We are starting out with the Coturnix Quail.  They are right now into the 15th day of incubation and we have taken them out of the turners and raising the humidity and lowering the temp some.  I have the still air incubation which I am not too crazy about, but this is how we live and learn.....the humidity is the biggest thing right now to keep it at the level we need to.  I have a temp/humidity reader inside the incubator so that is helping somewhat.  So we are waiting as we speak for some hatching.....will keep you all posted.  Tried to candle them, but had difficulty seeing....the speckled eggs are hard to see inside with a cheaper candler.  We probably will get into down the road with the bobwhite....as we would like to have a natural environment for them and all the quails.....lots of reading to do to learn....thanks again and looking forward in sharing  my experiences and yours too!!!!  w1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »