Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:27:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Ideas for outdoor quail housing?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ideas for outdoor quail housing?  (Read 14653 times)
pocketsierra
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 01:38:52 AM »

Okay, makes more sense now. I looked at the pictures from the commercial brand.

I'll see if my sheet metal skills are up to it.
norseman
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 05:18:15 AM »

Quote from: Red Horse
It sure is easier to post pics on the other sites I frequent. I've seen other posts on this site where the pic shows right up on the screen...I wish someone would explain to me how to accomplish this miracle of modern science! Many people have complained on here about the difficulties of posting a photo. It seems like the administrator would address the issue, and find a way to make it easier on us. Or put an instructional sticky post somewhere that has step by step easy to follow directions. :shock:

If you read the FAQ on this site you learn how to put images in this forum. I have explaned how to
 in this thread. (click) :wink:
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 10:36:42 AM »

I have read what is in the FAQ about posting images, BBcode and it really doesn't help me understand why I can't get a picture to show up on my post (I am only computer literate enough to be dangerous). I also read your instructions earlier in the post, and that didn't help either. However, I think I know now why they wouldn't show up. Pocketsierra's post stated that without being a member of the site the pics are on, they were not accessible. I did not realize membership was necessary to view pics on the other site, therefore only the URL will show up when I attempt to post the pic...?  Just guessing. I thought I was following the directions well enough. Possibly just an oversight on my part not realizing the structure of the site I hosted the photo's on. :(

Shotgun, bird dog, 4X4!!!!!
norseman
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 02:54:04 PM »

:wink: Ok. You need a good host for your images. This one is a very good one.
http://yourimg.com/
squirrelhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 10:22:22 PM »

If there is a lean- to on your barn you can do as I did and fence in some of the pillars.
pocketsierra
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 04:37:31 PM »

Red Horse, if you have figured out an image host, I would still want to see the pictures. I may be building some feeders like that soon. Home Depot doesn't have pipe as big as 4 and 6 inches, but I'll look around some more.
pocketsierra
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 04:55:47 PM »

Red Horse, if you have figured out an image host, I would still want to see the pictures. I may be building some feeders like that soon. Home Depot doesn't have pipe as big as 4 and 6 inches, but I'll look around some more.
Sterling-Ranch

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 08:18:08 PM »

RedHorse, if you need someone to host the images and post them email them to me.
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 09:14:10 PM »

Just got back into town last night. Had a short vacation. I will try and get those pics hosted somewhere soon. This week is jam packed though :shock: ... I'll try and get to it tomorrow.

Pocketsierra, I got the larger sized PVC at Lowes. I would have thought Home Depot would have it also. You might check with some local contractors and see where they get their building supplies.

Shotgun, bird dog, 4X4!!!!!
Hardhead
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 09:07:17 AM »

I found the easiest way for me is to use a host such as http://imageshack.us/ Al you do is let them host it by using their browser and after they upload just copy the url and post it on your msg. A thumbnail will be on the post but dbl clik on the thumbnail and the pic will enlarge with really good quality and it is free.. Use it on all sites and save the worry of trying to figure out how ea site works their uploads.
Hope this helps
Garry
Hinkjc

www.thebonegrinders.com

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2005, 08:49:13 AM »

Nipple drinkers sound great, But I bet there a real big pain in the winter months. How would you keep something like that from freezing in the winter out doors???

Im going to make my own heater bases for my waters using a light bulb 25 (watts) in a Cookie can.

We have a 3 sectional pen that we will devide are birds for breeding and then let them all togeather in a cuvy for winter.

Our pen opens up wide by just removeing a little door in each section.

Charlie

~~~~~~
Buff Orpingtons,
Btm Black Orpington,
LF Modern Araucana,
Lavender AKA Self blue Orpington project,
Lavender AKA Self Blue LF Araucana Project,
Wild Eastern Turkeys,
Butler Bobwhites,
Pure White bobwhite,
Edwards Pheasant
Mutant pheasants