Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  does anybody keep ''pedigrees'' on their quail?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: does anybody keep ''pedigrees'' on their quail?  (Read 10974 times)
bkvail

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 08:20:04 PM »

yes, I am a girl i3

Don't be so open-minded your brains fall out!
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 08:25:23 PM »

Bobwhites ODD? a GIRL that explains everything i6
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 08:26:27 PM »

Bobwhites ODD? a GIRL that explains everything i6

s020
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 10:25:15 PM »

You buy you a couple of pairs and you will have a barn full in no time. Just like Rabbits so you should do well with them. And I would expect a girl to say that a Bobwhite is odd looking because it is a mans gamebird..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »

j45 j44 j41  s144 

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 11:08:41 PM »

Slider, remember that picture you sent me with water in it ?
Can you not take her there fishing ?

:angel:
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 11:12:46 PM »

She would not come back...... :evil:

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 11:21:48 PM »

That's not a Gator, Miss ! Just a floating log !  :angel:

s020
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 11:26:31 PM »

I have raised show quality rabbits for over  a decade, and plan to keep Coturnix quail in some of my rabbit cages that I'm not using for rabbits.  Does anybody keep pedigree's for their quail to keep from inbreeding too much?  I think I will probably band mine and keep track somehow........  maybe in my rabbitry pedigree program I can add a section for the quail, LOL.

I leg band all my keepers (potential breeders) with various colored bands and keep a log as to what is what and from where, etc.       Potential "release" birds usually do not get banded at all.

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 11:39:01 PM »

That's not a Gator, Miss ! Just a floating log !  :angel:

s020

Step aboard....

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 07:15:01 AM »

::)

Yeah, just look at it........all sissyfied and stuff.  Just like a doe, just stands there and lets you shoot it.

I'd label that one as supper.                             s020

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 07:21:14 AM »

That looks like dinner or maybe just a snack....2 birds right 1 dead  1 alive....  s020
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 07:47:22 AM by slider » Logged

bkvail

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 07:53:28 AM »

we don't have quail hunting around here (NW Washington State), so I guess that's a reason they look odd to me.  I just am not fond of the head markings I guess.  Those mountain quail and the California quail though - very attractive!  Anyhow, I digress - I'm getting coturnix because I have heard they are hardy and are good/fast growers/layers :)  I don't plan to ''release'' any, but may let my older son train his duck dog with some :)

I'm going to pick up my first batch of eggs today :)  Looks like with several days running, my incubator is settled in and getting pretty darn consistent now!

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 08:25:03 AM »

OK this is getting out of hand...Bobette !!!!!!!And just as I was beginning to ease up on you girls...Thats it...I`m going to split some wood... s020

bkvail

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »

although I would never have a quail (or rabbit) as a house pet, I would like to be able to handle mine with ease too.  My rabbits have had the ''house pet'' attitude bred out of them - they aren't mean in the least bit, but definitely not snuggly either.  Makes it easier when time comes for culling if they aren't pets :)  I do name them, but don't get attached anymore.  I will probably name the quails with numbers though!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »