Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  First Button Quails Chicks pictures
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Button Quails Chicks pictures  (Read 2306 times)
frank_lap_127
« on: May 06, 2008, 11:48:43 PM »

Hi everyone,
I just came back from school at 10h30 PM tonight (end of session's rush time) and (like my mom told me on phone), I had those two little birds in my incubators!

http://franklap127.webs.com/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=5157760

And at least 6 other are piping the eggs. It's my first Button Quails ever. So tonight, even if I'm tired and need some sleep, it's a wonderful day. I was beginning to freak, we are on Day 18 of incubation but they are perfectly healthy.

Coming soon : Coturnix and Bobwhites! And of course, other Buttons!

Frank

Pssst!: Please note that on the picture you see 1/2''x1/2'' wire but it's for my coturnix, those one are in a brooder of 1/4''x1/4'' wire and right now they are in a box as they are small and fragile, so their chicks colllar bones will become stronger and they won't die as much. Is it possible they take my hand as their mom? Always calling for a mom, when I put my hand in the brooder, they come and try to hide in it, and I'm showing them how to eat by doing the ''same'' movement with my finger and nail as the female would do with her beak.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:40:24 AM by frank_lap_127 » Logged
makesmiles

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:39 PM »

j1 Nice chicks.....keep'm healthy....and keep'm coming........

David

c53
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »