Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:10:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Holding Ringneck breeders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Holding Ringneck breeders  (Read 14828 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2008, 02:21:22 AM »

i measured my pens, i can add another 4 by 10ft to the pens i have already making for a pen that would be 10ft  by 8 ft which is 80 square feet so this should be enough room for them. Sorry but i won't give up on my dreams, i enjoy what I'm doing. I will expand my pens so that these pheasants get more room. There are a lot of people who raise birds in worse conditions, i don't want to give my birds away knowing that they won't be taken care of or in worse conditions than already, they will have a much bigger area, i will make sure they get plenty of room now, please just let me try this out, i know i can make it work out. You don't understand how it feels when you really like something, you don't ever want to let it go, thats how i am.

birdlover,

This is the last post I will add.

This would make and excellent read for new members prior to posting questions. These pdf file can also be printed out and kept in your game bird files.

http://www.dirtwilly.com/Firsttime.pdf Raiser's Manual Day-Old Chick Program

http://www.dirtwilly.com/Bulletin1.pdf The Basics of Game Bird Hatching

http://www.dirtwilly.com/Bulletin2.pdf Successful Hatching of Game bird Egg

http://www.dirtwilly.com/Bulletin3.pdf Making an Inexpensive Candler Light

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Now s12 and look at what you have  s176
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see, what you have, is Not
that of a responsible wild game bird breeder.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »

Hi,
i get it guys, its whats best for the birds, i understand that.  My pens that i have will never be sufficient for pheasants, its way too small, they need room to fly and not be too limited, these are pheasants we are taking about not canaries, they require special needs and care, you just can't put them in any size cage , throw them in there, and make them live like that, its not right to the birds. They deserve more than a small cage.  If they had a choice they would never want to be in a small cage, their birds who have wings and should be able to use them. Pheasants may not be for me, i just don't have the room for them, but their are plenty of other birds to keep, don't lose hope, theirs a bird for everyone, i chose the wrong one according to my situation. And now i have to make sure these pheasants will be happy and get the life that they deserve, and that time is now.
Thanks everyone for helping through this, sorry for being a big pain, sometimes i just can' t agree with everyone else, everyone had a different opinion, but i will listen to you guys you know what your talking about, and make the right decision for the birds not me.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2008, 06:59:40 PM »

if anything, i'll keep the knowledge of pheasant raising with me, and since i have some property in NC, i could build a nice big pen there and raise some pheasants over there. There's plenty of room there, only problem is that i live in NY,and how would i raise the pheasants if i'm here, but if i do chose to raise pheasants over there i will find a way to work it out. Thanks again for all your helpful thoughts!! j2

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »