Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:52:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  Georgia Giant Bobwhite Quail Eggs Available
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Georgia Giant Bobwhite Quail Eggs Available  (Read 20284 times)
Meadows Quail Farm

Meadows Quail Farm

« on: October 04, 2007, 10:43:51 AM »

Hey We also have the Georgia Giant Quail Eggs Available.  We ship Daily except on Sundays, Give us a call 478-252-9997  or email mead9997@bellsouth.net Thanks Freda & George Meadows

GEORGIA GIANT BOBWHITE QUAIL EGGS

Quail Egg Prices            Shipping Prices *           Total   
12.…………….$12.00                                            $5.00                                 $17.00   
25.…………….$20.00                 $5.00                                    $25.00
50.…………….$30.00                                            $6.00                                    $36.00
100.…………..$48.00                                            $7.00                                    $55.00
120.…………..$58.00                                            $7.00                                    $65.00
200.…………..$90.00                                            $10.00                                  $100.00
300.…………..$120.00                                          $12.00                                  $132.00
500.…………..$165.00                                          $17.00                                  $182.00
600.…………..$192.00                                          $17.00                                  $209.00
800.…………..$256.00                                          $18.00                                  $274.00
1000.…………$300.00                                          $20.00                                  $320.00
1200.…………$360.00                                          $24.00                                  $384.00

Meadows Quail Farm
P.O. Box 338
Wadley, GA 30477
Ph 478-377-3108
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »

as with above can you post the matured weights ave of the birds?
chlt lab

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:36:56 PM »

Hi

The Georgia's I have purchased from the Meadow's/Wadley Quail Farm have matured out about the size of a chuckar. Pound to pound and half maybe??

They are a major advantage to Chuckars as they dont peck everything from the time they awake until they go to sleep. And the Georgia Quail will stand real nice while training. They are well proportioned and flush/fly real well.

Hatch rates are excellent even in my 1602 still air incubator. The Georgia Giants purchased from this vendor are very hardy chicks and survive cold excellent. I live in North Western Wisconsin. We are in our second week in a row where temps have not gotten above zero. I had a hatch just befor Christmas(DEC 23rd) and have not lost a single chick even in this extreme cold.

I feel I was given a more than generous egg count and an excellent overall value for my money. I would highly recomend this vendor.

Jerome
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 02:51:36 PM »

That is super information.  Thank you
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 08:59:51 AM »

I am planning on a couple of orders with George for his Ga Giants this spring. My incubator will only do about a hundred at a time, but that works out okay. I'd thought about the Jumbo Wi but have heard better on the Giants.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:46:31 PM »

Please see this thread too on why I am asking all of these questions.  I would like to learn about the origin of these different varieties.

Please see:

http://www.thatquailplace.com/smf/index.php?topic=4156.0

and

http://www.thatquailplace.com/smf/index.php?topic=4174.0
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:48:34 PM by 333_okh » Logged
chlt lab

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 11:02:07 PM »

Hi

I have to agree with Jake on that one. Be leary of anything that sounds to good to be true. It usually is. Does this breeder have NPIP check his stock? Is he disease free? who is actually tracking these birds? Him self? his vet? NPIP?  This all costs money. The Game bird industry is very low profit.  I bought some really inexpensive chicks last spring. Was the Biggest mistake I've made in the three years I've been raising birds. Wound up with such a mess I'm starting over with all new birds as of Christmas.

Why does this breeder have such a messed up cross?  Research him a little closer. Maybe he is just a nice guy trying to get new customers. Maybe he has had some issues and that's why he has so many breeds crossed.

I would recommend getting a "pure strain" and start there. That way you know what you have.. It may cost more up front but could save you in the long run.  I had to learn that lesson the hard way, I bought cheap and wound up with such an inbred mess that I butchered 150 birds and started over.   Where did I save???

If you want low cost eggs or chicks try a Google search. You can get Georgia Giants as low as 25 cents an egg or 60 cents for day old chicks from a breeder in ILL. I wont steal Mr. Meadows thread giving the name. Meadows have a good solid strain. I can verify that. That's what I'm starting over with. Now I just need to add to them from another supplier so I dont get another inbred mess.

For the record Jake's a good man and a retired Biologist. He was only trying to warn you from making the same mistake I did. One bad breeding can cost you alot of money in the long run.

As far as the second thread Brent owns and operates his own game bird breeding company specializing in Georgia's and Butler's.  His web link is on the bottom of every posting/reply he makes. He's a far better source to ask about these two strains than I am.

Jerome
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 03:02:15 AM »

Jake and I should chat sometime.  I am the Sr. Wildlife Biologist for a company here in California
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 11:04:48 AM »

My degrees are in Fisheries Science, about half my career in field surveys and the later half teaching subsistence aquaculture in remote 3rd world areas.  Now retired I am a board member of the NativeFishConservancy.com, working to preserve our Native Fish. I am also moderator for the NFC forum.  My leaisure time revolves around our native game birds and good gun dogs.  My interests right now are determing which native or imported birds are best suited to my climate here in NC Michigan which gets a lot of snow and often severe minus temps, al gore notwithstanding.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 12:22:06 PM »

Jake--

My college work was for mesocarnivores in the Wildlife Management major.  While going to college I worked in a forestry department for a private timber company and so also choose to get a minor in Forestry and Fisheries.

As a professional biologist my main work has revolved around raptors and infact I have published on the golden eagle and the northern spotted owl.

The department that I run has all animal with skin, fur, and feather.  Currently I no longer have to run the fisheries too since we started a hydrology department.

Although we have native gamebirds here in northern California, I am looking for a way to provide quality hunts to people training dogs, and also meat and eggs.  It appears I will need two varieties of bobwhites and currently I am on the list for some Butlers and now need to choose between the Georgia and Wisconsin.  Our climate rarely gets over 80s, but we get around 70 inches of rainfall and some sub-freezing temps.  Never below 10 F.
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »

As far as the second thread Brent owns and operates his own game bird breeding company specializing in Georgia's and Butler's.  His web link is on the bottom of every posting/reply he makes. He's a far better source to ask about these two strains than I am.

Jerome

Hey Jerome Thanks  p33  I'm still learning more and more everyday about the quail business. I luckily have some great friends that have been raising quail for a long time and are willing to share their learnings with me. There are a lot of guys on here that know more than I do but I will try to help answer any questions that I can. Thanks again   j2

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
chlt lab

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 06:17:24 PM »

Hi Brent..

No problem.  Thanks for taking the time to talk with me the other day.  Looking forward to adding some of your birds this spring.

c110
  Good Luck.

Game Farm/ Game Birds is hard way to make a living. Hope it all works out for you.

p42

Jerome
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 12:20:46 PM »

for now I think I need to stick to one strain and I am already reserving eggs for Butlers.  Thanks everyone.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »