Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:00:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  New problem dread S word Chicken Snake
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New problem dread S word Chicken Snake  (Read 3031 times)
clarissa
« on: June 10, 2004, 11:01:59 PM »

Can home tonight from visting my grandmother actually i am the 4th in the rumme game between my grandmother, anut and mom.  went to tend to the bird and me and mom sit the traps. I had brought the birds for her a hobbie something to make her a little money i work all day and go to college at night so do not have much time to tend to them and the other critters i have I live on a farm with chickens, turkeys, rabbits, quail, rottwielers and a whole pack of rabbit dogs beagles.  takes a long time to tend up here.  me and mom went to do the traps and move some feed she had bought into the barrels that it belongs. And she had her back to the cage and i told her look a dead bird she went to get it and all of a suddenn.... she jump and yelled snake i said ok a little snake maybe a baby of the chicken snake we kill a couple months ago that was 2 feet taller then me with a good 2 foot blown off of him and i am 5 foot 6 and 1/2 in my bare feet.  look in the cage while she went to get the shoot gun with shells and that sucker was as long as the other one.  it is no more that long now it lost it head and a hunk out it. Ohh do not let anyone tell you that shot does not bounce around and hit you when you are behind a post while it is being shot.  My boob can tell you it does just left a red mark not enough power in it to do much thank god she did not find my heavy loads that i use to kill the squirells around here i have about 80 foot to 100 foot pines in the yard and to take care of them you have to have some power high power number 4 do the trip and does stop the swamp rabbit that goes flying thru the unbelievable briar patches that is enough about my crazy adventure tonight wish me luck on getting rid of the varmits here.  And if anyone knows how to keep snakes away let me know please.
clarissa :twisted:
bobby white
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 07:15:22 AM »

Iv'e had luck controlling snakes with moth balls.  Scatter them around the area and the snakes stay away for some reason, I guess they don't like the smell of 'em.....Bobby.....  :twisted:
gunner

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:30:38 AM »

Have had a black snake living beneath my Johnny House for several years now.
It does a supper job keeping the rats and mice away.
No birds lost to it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »