Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:08:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  shipping boxes (help)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: shipping boxes (help)  (Read 3115 times)
BEDPAN

« on: October 12, 2004, 06:17:45 PM »

I can't remember how to use this site..it's been a long time.  Anyway, I'm looking for a place to order shipping boxes for quail.  I've tried to post this twice so if it shows up a few times please have patience with me?  Thanks.
CHARLIE

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 06:42:54 PM »

HI
HERE AT BACKYARD GAMEBIRD FARM WE USE THE HORIZON N.E.S.T. BOXES. THEY ARE P.O AND AIRLINE APPROVE, HERE IS THE SITE --http://www.hm-e.net/. THEY ARE A LITTLE HIGH IN COST BUT TO ME WORTH IT.
                    CHARLIE

WAS A ADVANCED MEMBER IN THE OLD FORUM
BEDPAN

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 07:27:29 PM »

Thanks Charlie, but I want to stay away from Horizon.  I agree they have good boxes but too pricey for us and for the people we ship birds to.
lynny
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 12:02:55 PM »

I ran across this the other day on a yahoo search, it shows an alternative way to "box" up your birds for shipment.....and it does seem it would be cheaper, check out the link below, might be what you are looking for.

http://www.utm.edu/departments/ed/cece/idea/shbox.shtml

Also, Cutler's supply seems to always have good prices on items we need.

Good day to ya,
Lynny - W W Quail Ranch
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 09:41:45 PM »

Thats certainly a good idea to use but unfortunately its not permissable to ship that way.  I'm sure there are people that can get away with it but those in bigger towns and cities will catch it immediately.  Not only is the box not approved for shipping by the postmaster general it does not meet any bio-hazard prevention which is a requirement for adult gamebirds.  The horizon box is approved and has the bio-hazard liners in place already.  If you absolutely do not want to use horizon boxes you could ship in the smaller 25, 50 and 100 chick boxes.  I've done it many times myself.  The Tyvek liners are inexpensive for bio-hazard protection and can be easily pasted over the holes.  These boxes cost only a dollar or two as well.  Also adult birds are required to be shipped Express Mail and therefore the rubbermaid boxes will cost you a fortune to ship assuming you get away with it at all.  I've also shipped adult birds in the 100 ct chick boxes using Priority Mail instead of Express Mail too although youre not supposed to.  

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »