Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  Missouri
| | | |-+  where to get permits
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: where to get permits  (Read 7567 times)
mobe_45
Expert Member

« on: November 30, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »

http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Documents/2089.pdf
This is the permit app for a hobby permit for Missouri. You cannot sell to others with it but allows 50 or fewer quail or pheasants to be raised for personal use.
The permit app also costs $10 and has a place to order leg bands for $10 per 100.
Link to page with all permit forms-
http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/MDCLibrary/MDCLibrary2.aspx?NodeID=236

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA
PF Member
LM NAHC
zfoster22

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »

I am trying to get started breeding Quail. Do you have to be out of city limits? Or can you be in city limits and still inquire the permit and keep Quail?
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:42:31 AM »

That would be a lot easier to answer, if you had mentioned what city, or filled out that part of your profile.  The State issues the permit.  They care less than nothing about your town's position on the subject.  Your local government is the one to ask.  Most are likely to have restrictions or prohibitions. 

Those will be specific, depending on species.  We could assume you meant Bobwhites, but might be giving you incorrect information, if we did.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
zfoster22

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 04:12:21 PM »

Blue Springs is the city and ive seen some chicken coops w/ birds in the middle of city

Don't know if it matters but I am right on the perimeter of city limits so that might help.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »

If they allow chickens, a few Quail shouldn't be a problem.  They may have a lot size restriction.  Also, there may be certain areas where they are allowed, or may have been "Grandfathered in" for some areas.  I would call the City Zoning Office  anonymously.  Ask first about poultry.  Make a second call, on a different day, to ask about Quail.  You may be able to slip Coturnix in as poultry, if they won't allow Bobwhites.

You may want to just find someone out of town who will let you keep birds.  Some will, just to have a few on their property.  People who have bird dogs to train will be very accommodating.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
zfoster22

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 03:51:23 PM »

its legal in city limits if it wasnt my neighbor is in county so if they had problem i could ask them    buy you just need 10 dollar permit for 50 birds and you cant sell them    ill get it but i just will get more than 50 but prolly wont sell.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »