Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  That Quail Place ChatRoom
| | |-+  Snowflake quail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Snowflake quail  (Read 13581 times)
quaillady

Happy Quails 2 U

« on: March 02, 2011, 11:06:35 PM »

I am looking for information on the Snowflake quail. How this breed started, who started it, location etc.
I plan to start raising them for shows so need all the info I can gather. Thank you.
  Jan

Happy Quails 2 U
KLAN29

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 03:31:30 PM »

I am looking for information on the Snowflake quail. How this breed started, who started it, location etc.
I plan to start raising them for shows so need all the info I can gather. Thank you.
  Jan
Jan, Shoot me an email and I'll send you a article written by the guy that started them from one chick in 2004, I have had my start  from him in 2007, Thanks for your order of eggs, I believe you will enjoy them very much.
Steve
SKLAN47713@AOL.COM
WWW.KLANSGAMEBIRDS.NET
setterman

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »

Hope your enjoy your eggs as well,I do believe the Snowflakes came from the Mexicans as in 2000 my son was two years old I had 200 Mexican Eggs hatch with 40 of them being Snow white as they aged with the markings of a speckle..Breeding these Snow white birds,they bred true to color..Of course my own opinion......Enjoy your eggs and Happy hatching!

Raising quail and partridge for release or hunting parties!

Permit Breeder
quaillady

Happy Quails 2 U

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:40:44 AM »

Steve-did not know why I did not think to ask you first.
Am  sending an email now.
  Jan
ps. just had 2 mountain quail chicks hatch out this morning. took them 27 days. I was a wreck!!

Happy Quails 2 U
quail king

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 01:25:18 PM »

HI
I have snowflake just hatched out i got my eggs from the USA there is only a hand full of us in the UK with snowflake well genuine gunrunner stock if you want to read the full stories on how they came about go to gunrunner web site and the full history on how he himself made this great bird PS i have just hatched 1 mountain quail out just cant get the eggs over here what people are doing is incubating them and if there not fertile they put them on eBay so i am trying to locate a good supplier in the USA if you know of anyone that would be great
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 09:00:54 AM »

Its not a breed. Its a Bobwhite color phase...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »