Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:36:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  can heat bulb melt a swimming pool
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: can heat bulb melt a swimming pool  (Read 3961 times)
14Yoquailfarmer
« on: June 06, 2006, 01:23:36 PM »

can a 250 watt heat bulb melt a plastic swimming pool i liked jonhs idea for that as a brooder but im worryed it will melt or can you guy tell me some thing that will work for heat
JohnInDixon
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 01:28:33 PM »

My bulb was held almost 2 feet above the pool.  You might have to raise it. Put a thermometer under to keep the starting temperature at 95 degrees.

Yes it can melt the pool if it is too close, again hang it well above the pool.

G'luck... John
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 11:50:37 PM »

can a 250 watt heat bulb melt a plastic swimming pool i liked jonhs idea for that as a brooder but im worryed it will melt or can you guy tell me some thing that will work for heat

Anything that is electric and/or produces heat can melt, burn, or electricute most all materials.

Please don't take offense to this, just trying to give a little constructive criticism. If you are wanting to raise some birds, I suggest that you find a responsible adult whom can help you along with the project. I think that it is great that you have taken the inituative to do it. Raising birds is a big responsibility and just from your question and other questions that you have posted on this forum, I have to wonder if there is any supervision involved. After all, you can burn your home down or get electricuted and injure or kill you or others whom are not familiar with the equipment you're using to raise birds, especially homemade/makeshift equipment. If you didn't already know that a light bulb will melt/burn plastic, then you have alot of studying and learning to do before you attempt to do anything. Read through the old posts, do searches, etc. Most questions have been answered somewhere on this forum at one time or another. I'm over 40 years old and I studied and read old posts for about 6 months or more before I purchased my first piece of equipment or made my first post. Read..read..read........and most of all, find a responsible adult whom can help you along with and check your equipment on this project.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 12:40:32 AM by trailbossusa » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 12:26:31 AM »

Well said trailboss...and for that you deserve a brownie point. lol :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 12:28:56 AM by aKirA » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »