Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:55:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  105 quail egg foam shippers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 105 quail egg foam shippers  (Read 6942 times)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« on: February 04, 2008, 01:54:29 PM »

Can someone please tell me where to buy the 105 foam quail egg shippers...thanks!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:28:14 PM by slider » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:18:43 PM »

You are kidding, RIGHT. You can't possibly mean:

Red Oak Game Birds
Charlotte County, Virginia
http://www.redoakgamebirds.com
We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation

The owner and moderator of this website?

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 02:26:24 PM »

Slider....you may want to edit your post. Larry is a very busy man and has posted that his e-mail has worked "funny" in the past.
He is certainly NOT out of business !
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »

I got whip lash when i saw the quote said do what?, yes he is very busy someone gotta keep it together here. Larry do we get a discount for sending business your way for the shipping foam is it buy 1 get 1 free on the 2nd tues of the week that is a very good idea someone came up. Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »

Can someone please tell me where to buy the 105 foam quail egg shippers...thanks and I am pretty sure that Red Oak is out of business. s85

Out of business????    s020   Larry, did you know your out of business?

Slider, he did say he has been having problems with his email.  Send him a PM from here, or off the store.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
DoubleL911
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »

Larry has had troubles with e-mails .I sent 7 different ones to him from 3 different computers. They were spaced out over probably 10 days. I gave up then i got a  reply telling me this was the first message he had gotten from me. Keep trying slider.
Larry Lain
www.doublelquailfarms.com
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 03:32:12 PM »

I read this topic a few days ago but didnt reply so I figured I'd better do so now before too many people think I am out of business.  So no I'm not out of business- just slacked down a little.  I'm actually on this forum several times each and every day. With the way my costs have skyrocketed sometimes I think I need to be doing something different.  But from what I've been reading on here I'm not the only one.  But as the saying goes things usually always do get better.  My emails are finally going where they need to go.  Still have the occasional few that want to go elsewhere and I find them a week or two later.  Ever since I had to restrict our email filter since we had that spam outbreak a year or two ago I've been having this issue.  And we all remember what happened on that one!  But I'll try and give a brief overview of the past several months and the lessons learned from it.

January-July sales of equipment were great.  Could have been better if I would have pushed it as I've always done but I havent.  Figured I'd let things go gradual as I also work as a technician for our school system and teach a few classes each year on Embryology to the little kids.

July 12 my brother dies of cancer.  Thought he had pneumonia (and so did he) and found out he had stage 4 lung cancer.  So in a span of 3 days we went from "normal" to dead.  He was a taxidermist for nearly 30 years.  So I decided to take on his work and have it continue.  Needless to say I have the equipment but not the time to do anything as usual.  Still have deer heads in the freezer now.  I figured why not do taxidermy-I ship eggs and foam as the USPS cut me off of shipping live birds as there arent any flights near me.  After all, plenty of time.

So as you can imagine I let my wife do as much as she could and decided to let a "third party" handle some business.  Bad Idea.  I didnt move as many eggs after July and just kind of got aggravated over the entire thing.  Feed was over $420 per ton and I averaged a ton every couple weeks.  Well having birds was fine but not moving birds is not.  By December I was over $5,000 under and that was from feed alone.  So I thinned out my stock and last month considered doing nothing but the sales of equipment. 

January I receive a call that the USPS and FedEx have reassigned the terminal here and will take any bird shipment I bring them.  So in addition to eggs this year I intend to ship chicks all over the country as before.  I only have about 6 locations I cant ship to compared to 6 I could ship to last few years.

So for any person on here (and dont be discouraged) its hard to make a living on birds but quite possible.  I've been doing it for over 23 years now.  So I'm back on here as before and give my best effort in things.

As far as foam I do have it and still sell it.  Not sure of who else has it.  I only knew of one and they no longer sell it.  A few others places I saw carry it but the majority of them get it from me in the first place.  The downfall to the foam is that its expensive to maintain.  Our distributor requires me to purchase several thousand at one time.  Imagine storing several thousand of these things and keeping them out of the weather and especially rodents.  By the way mice love this stuff in case you didnt know.  A few years ago before I had my current office I just decided to open a box at a time and just bring in what I needed.  Well it was cold and a pack of mice(guess its what you call those dang things) decided to make a home in the open foam box.  They must have been hungry too because instead of tearing up just one piece they tore up a section out of each one of them.  So being that nobody else has the foam I decided to keep it.  That was until I got a new supply last month and was told pricing was up by 9 percent right off the top and no guarantee it wont go up again.  I was told it was because of the draught and corn prices, ethanol and of course the price of oil and manufacturing.  So unfortunately I had to increase the price to match. 

I havent realized how much rambling I'm doing so I'll end here.  I'm back on top of things once again-I'm on here several times each day although I dont speak as much as I used to.  So feel free to contact me as before and I'll try and help you as much as I can or find you someone who can.  Oh and the totals on our online shopping cart do not add up for foam.  I have to ship them by zip code and weight so its impossible to do that unless I make a flat rate shipping fee for everyone.

Larry

NPIP 52-186
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 07:13:07 AM »

Larry,

I sent you an email a couple of weeks ago about the foam. I figured you were either busy, or your email was still screwed up. Anyway, are the prices on the site the current ones, or have they gone up over the site price. I'll be needing another 2-300 hundred this year I'm sure. I'll probably need to have them by the first of April, and if you would let me know if PMs or email would be the best way to get ahold of ya. Glad to see you haven't let the slow/hard times get to ya. Like any business, there are good and bad times alike. Keep yer head up bud!

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »

And Larry is cheaper, and doesn't try and make money off of you by charging more for shipping. I'll stick with Larry.

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 02:39:53 PM »

i've not bought any i just traded eggs for the foam i agree stick with larry i'm gonna remove the post.Tommy
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 03:10:07 PM »

You dont have to remove any posts because of me.  If someone finds an item cheaper than another then more power to them.  Most often you will see the difference in the long run.  As far as foam goes, back when I started this there were only two places to get it.  Then one place.  Now I see there is another.  I do see a trend on this and that is the key dimensions.  I was the one that modified the dimensions so it fits better in the box.  The downfall to the foam is that it fluctuates with the market.  Wish I could just go buy it and make it myself but its impossible.  I searched all over the country and over two years only found two places that would even consider helping me with this item.  Not many places want to deal with low amounts of several thousand at a time.  I have over $10,000 invested in just the foam side and to be honest with you the income from it is zero.  The last two years I was at a loss on each one.  When its priced at a nickel profit per set it doesnt add up because you have to buy the plastic and then the tape.  The plastic went from $14 a box to $31 a box.  If theres a better way to do this I'd sure like to know how.  I continue doing this at cost so my customers have a means of shipping their own eggs like we do.  I've shipped in the soft cardboard trays too and found them to be worse (in my opinion).  In addition to the tray in which you have to buy its nearly impossible to get the box unless you order them in bulk from Uline or Staples, etc.  The USPS provides the box free so why pay for it.  You can attach two together to get the same effect.  If a different color is preferred I can possibly switch.  I made our foam using a special mixture ( I wont disclose) to get its softness and durability.  I've never used black or charcoal foam so if anyone has it-what are the advantages of it?  You would think that the darker the foam the more heat it will consume.  If you have a box in the mail system laying out for shipping and the sun hits the box I would assume it will absorb the suns heat.  Just my opinion.

NPIP 52-186
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »