Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:50:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Members Pictures
| | |-+  Good Junk
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Junk  (Read 4363 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« on: June 21, 2010, 03:36:24 PM »

Company I work for was hired to clean up an acreage. Found an old plow and asked if it was OK to take home. He didn't care, as his plans are to flip the property as soon as it was fixed up some. (sitting in the back of my old 86 "farm truck")
Better saved than end up buried in a pit, eh !

Last year same thing happened. Not sure if I posted pictures of it ?

Note the old Coyote and Deer skulls, sitting on a petrified rock ?

I'm going to build a landscape area for the plow.....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:39:17 PM by Reeves » Logged
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »

The pump I like ........... s98

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:56:08 PM »

Any brand name on that plow?  Send it to me COD.   ^-^  I just bought another set of 2-bottom Fergusons the other day. Now I have 3 sets of plows......wife is not impressed,  plh1 , but I plan on selling one of them.  I also drug in a 1950's John Deere 14T square baler....  :cool:

That pitcher pump is unique, looks to be HD (heavy duty).....or is it off of a wind mill?      c50
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:41:29 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 08:37:20 AM »

Never looked for a brand name....yet. I do know you would need horses to pull it. Handles long rotted off.

I was told the pump was in use inside the original house, which was torn down many, many years ago.
Water had been in it and when it froze it broke the pump at the bolts. I welded it back together & bolted it to the deck.

Any brand name on that plow?  Send it to me COD.

I'll put you in my will. That way the other half can send a truck load of "good junk" to you, COD  s020
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:48:00 AM by Reeves » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 10:49:06 PM »

It looks like the share is in good shape and the moldboard is nice and thick?  The handles can be replaced.  Go ahead and ship it out!   :wink:

I'll have to get and post a pic of the horse drawn plow that I have found. I think it is an Oliver?  I will have to check................

Those are symbols of when Americans would work and didn't run around with their hands out............. s20

/

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 11:34:14 PM »

I had a look at it today. Only markings of any kind are on the bracket for the right handle. A part number.

Go ahead and ship it out!

I'm not dead yet !   t15
smallfarmTN.

Personal Text

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 11:40:15 AM »

Very nice antiques Reeves, I love the petrified rock the best! Where did you find an awesome chunk like that?
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 02:22:32 PM »

I like the pump best...I have a piece of wood like that...found mine at an old home place a few years ago.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »