Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:03:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Incubation spreadsheet
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Incubation spreadsheet  (Read 5245 times)
Danmcc

« on: June 15, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to track days, dates, sources, temperatures, weights, candling dates, stop turning dates, expected hatch date, and various other information for planning and also for review.

The nice thing about Excel is that you can take very little information and extend it out (you can enter the day or date in a couple of cells and then drag the boxes to have it automatically fill in the days or dates of the week.)  You can also easily have it make a graph from what you enter in specific cells.  Another benefit is you can overlay comments in various cells to preserve information, observations, etc.

The file extension is not one of the types allowed to be posted here, so if you're interested, email me and I will share it with you via return email.

Attached is a screenshot of the file.

Dan
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 06:11:31 AM »

Dan,

I did that a few years ago. I did it for the incubation and also on the daily egg collection. It got to be a real pain in the arse. I don't bother with it anymore.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
zipper

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 03:50:42 PM »

That sounds like an excellent way to keep track of hatch dates. I usually write the date on the egg when it is put in the incubator and try to count forward the correct number of days. I will ry to get with you later so you can forward the spreadsheet to me.
canadamanada

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 02:03:28 PM »

Was anyone able to get a spreadsheet from him? I emailed but didn't receive any reply.

Everything works, until the day that it doesn't.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 02:47:48 PM »

Was anyone able to get a spreadsheet from him? I emailed but didn't receive any reply.

I am suprised that he didn't get back you your post. He was online here about 5 minutes ago.

Try PMing him.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
mobe_45
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 07:08:57 PM »

Excel spreadsheets are great for converting info to graphs/pie charts etc.

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA
PF Member
LM NAHC
Britton Howe

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 07:45:13 PM »

I've kept records of my hatches since i got my first incubater when i was 12 so i've kept hatching records now for 25 years.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »