Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:29:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  URGENT Law Deadline November 1st PLEASE READ!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: URGENT Law Deadline November 1st PLEASE READ!!!  (Read 4202 times)
IamTomm
Expert Member

« on: October 21, 2004, 12:34:32 AM »

Hello,

This is a law trying to be pass very soon and its basically going to restrict use very much when it comes to owning, breeding, selling, basically everything to do with birds.  Only way we can stop it from happening is to send in our responces as soon as possible.  We need as many people as possible to do this.  To read more about this visit

http://www.gbwf.org/forum/messages/1826.html

This is a very big deal so please send an e-mail and help the hobby.

http://www.nawabirds.org/Documents/Sample%20Letters.pdf

Thanks
Toddk

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 11:01:15 AM »

All,

I agree. We all need to send a letter by Nov. 1. If not, we will not be able to be hobby breeders any longer. PETA and the other of their ilk will see to that. I am sending my letters this weekend.
Todd K
oqf
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 02:07:51 PM »

It has been quite a while since I have been on this forum. I'm a commercial grower in Oklahoma. Been raising birds for 16 years. The only way that we can beat peta is through the internal revunue service. If their non profit tax status is pulled it will kill them. People can write all the letters they want and it will make no difference. The one thing that sways judges and politicians is money. We don't have that much. peta has a truck load of it. Gamebird growers will not stand together because they are in competion with each other. It will be the downfall of the industry. The only time that people get involved in the fight is when something is going to directly affect them. Example,on the old forum I brought up the cock fighting issue in Oklahoma. Everybody on the forum squawked about how terrible it was. It is no different than raising birds for someone to shoot. Cockfighting was outlawed in Oklahoma.Peta scored one more victory in the war. Wars are won with small victories. That small victory opened the door a little wider and gave them a chance to go after something else. Now it looks like they are trying to win another small victory and probably will. So go ahead and sit in your little worlds and think that none of this will affect you. Your time will come. Unless the I.R.S. goes after peta we are sunk. Now get up on your soapboxes and start waving the flags and talking nobody is listening.
IamTomm
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 02:30:46 PM »

Soory you feel that was ofg.  I dont feel like I am in competion with any one on this board or anyone else who breeder bird in any way.  I know tons of breeders and consider many friends. I buy from them they buy from me.  And from everyone one elses responce on gbwf.org their are quite a few standing together.  Best thing to do it just get as many as possible to mail in thier voice. And as for peta we can win against them. They are trying to the the exact same thing as we are(sending in thier opinions). But they are mailing letter for the law to pass.   Its going to come down to whos responce is bigger.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 06:35:20 PM »

I thought PETA was/is on the terrorist watch list ?
oqf
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 06:40:56 PM »

It is going to come down to who's wallet is bigger. Don't think that letters are going to get a politicians attention. Money talks in this country. The big pheasant hunt in Mass. was stopped by peta with money. That hunt had been held for 30 years and the money raised was donated to charity. They found a judge that was up for reelection and made a donation to the campaign fund. The judge issued an order to stop the hunt on the grounds that the pen raised birds were bad for the enviorment. The birds had already been released and the hunters were about ready to start when the sheriff's office shut them down. That is how it works.Like it or not there it is.If everbody wants to do something start a petition for the I.R.S. to investigate peta or contact your politicians and ask them to start an investigation. We are scattered across the country and peta is more organized and highly motivated. Their donations are in the millons of dollars. Your letters against their dollars is a losing proposition.
IamTomm
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 08:30:12 PM »

This situation isnt the same as that hunt.  But If you wanna just roll over and let it happen go ahead, I'm not I'm do what I can and send in letters and tell as many as I know to do the same Or what ever else it takes.  This really has nothing to do with money.  I know you may think that but its just not true.
drwink
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 09:58:30 AM »

IamTom
I haven't been on the board here in a couple of months & luckily I read this before the 11/1 date.
My letter is on the way

Birddogs, homegrown Tomatoes & the Blues
To me, it dosen't get any better than that

DW Farm & Kennel
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »