Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:08:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  221 Total Hacthed !!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 221 Total Hacthed !!!!!  (Read 12099 times)
jws7464

Mississippi Caveman

« on: November 27, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »

Well call me nuts but it's what the wife wanted..

She finds this seller on ebay will some White Texas A&M birds and asked me if she could get some.  Batting them sweet eyes well I could not say "No" so i said get them if you want..
Dam should have went and looked at the auction all she seen was color and the price $41.00 and "Buy It Now" and she did.. Well they came in and it was 300 eggs i fliped out !!!
So after doing what i can to help with all the eggs i was very well impressed with the sell out of 300 eggs not 1 broken packaged very well with lots of key words like "HATCHING EGGS"

Will be letting ya'll know how it goes "Lord Help Me"
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:06:44 AM by jws7464 » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 07:53:26 AM »

Good Luck with those eggs, hope you have some place to put them if and when they hatch.

s016

...........and how did you get that picture of "Reeves"?  It has to be at least a 40 year old picture because of the hair on the top of his head.   :-|

p33
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:50:59 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
mobe_45
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »

Way to jump in with both feet! j1 I love watching them eggs hatch!

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA
PF Member
LM NAHC
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 08:56:41 AM »

I am sure that you know that they hatch in 15 to 17 days......Be ready...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
ode2god
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 10:30:35 AM »

thats alotta peeps good luck even if only half hatch ...oh boy itll be like that lucy show lol j45
tweezy50
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 03:51:24 PM »

These are the moments that make great stories and lots of laughs later!  Good luck! j1
greyghost
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 10:36:45 PM »

Hi JWS, Greyghost here, in 16 or 17 days we would love to hear your hatch rate. And we would love to hear who the seller is. Thanks.

Pretty_Bird

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »

Wow it is odd that they had only a $41.00 BUY IT NOW PRICE for 300 Texas A&M Quail eggs. That's really DIRT CHEAP!!!!
One thing I noticed was everyone saying from 15 to 17 days to hatch.
Some may hatch early but for the record it is said and has been my experience that they take 18 days to hatch.
I have only been raising them for about 11 months now but have had several incubation's and it has been 18 days for them to hatch only once did I have a few of shipped eggs hatch about 12 hours early.

Just another note STOP TURNING ON THE 14TH DAY
Of course keep your temp at 99.5 to 100 degrees
and make sure your humidity is correct, check your incubators water often.
 When they hatch make sure to grind the food to about the size of corn meal and electrolites in the water. Don't over crowd!! With as many as you are hatching at one tome you'll need plenty of brooder space.

These quail grow very fast and feather out much quicker than Bobwhites.
They also reach maturity at a very early age 7 to 8 weeks and you will have cocks crowing and hens starting to lay eggs.

They are a good meat bird and wonderfull for egg production if you have a market for them.
  However I will say most people say that they get very large and as of yet I haven't been able to get any that are what I'd call large.
Most of mine are slightly smaller than my Jumbo bobs.

Good luck with you hatch and be sure to let us all know how it turns out.

Pretty_Bird
jws7464

Mississippi Caveman

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 10:24:37 PM »

Well it day 5 and have been busy building a hatcher.  Waht do you think of it.

It's 4 foot long 2 foot wide 1/4 wire floor, 2 fans,water hearter temp sensor (ordered a waffer stat) 3 8x10 windows, 2 100 watt bulbs 1 cool burn 15 watt & 1/2" foam board. cost was around $85.00 plus the cost of the waffer stat $19.99.

And here are the eggs in the bator.....

Will Post More Later...
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 11:04:28 PM »

Thats real nice . Is this a  hatcher/brooder???

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 04:20:47 AM »

Well it day 5 and have been busy building a hatcher.  Waht do you think of it.

It's 4 foot long 2 foot wide 1/4 wire floor, 2 fans,water hearter temp sensor (ordered a waffer stat) 3 8x10 windows, 2 100 watt bulbs 1 cool burn 15 watt & 1/2" foam board. cost was around $85.00 plus the cost of the waffer stat $19.99.

And here are the eggs in the bator.....

Will Post More Later...

jws,

Box looks good  s98 My question to you is, I notice the locking latches for the box, and you stated 2 fans, which I will assume for circulation. Do you have any holes in the box for an air intake and an air exhaust?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
jws7464

Mississippi Caveman

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 08:05:22 AM »

It's a hatcher slash brooder and yes i have 6 hole on the sides & 6 on top on each side added them after the pics. all have plugs to remove or install so i can get the air,  temp & humidity. just right. ...

I raised Game Chickens for 13 years so the incubator think i got down it's the quail thing that i'm learning about and learning fast....
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 02:20:02 PM »

Sometimes "fast" is the only way there is to learn.  Like when you walk into the incubator room, with 3000 eggs in an incubator, and the temperature is 107.  Not a lot of time for studying theory!

One other thing you might consider is bending soffet metal, or roof valley tin in the corner, to discourage piling.  That box will probably be good for up to 125 up to 2-3 weeks.  It might be OK for your complete hatch for a week, or so.  If I were you, I would want three.

What will you do about removing droppings?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 02:23:01 PM »

Steve I thought the same thing about the air holes and then I remembered that he said it had a wire floor that looks to be covered with newspaper. Are you gona cut the fans off when you are  brooding and not hatching? Also since you are brooding Texas A&M`s it should not be to much of a problem of them jumping out when you raise that great big lid all at once, but with gamebirds it is a big problem...and I said gamebirds because I do not consider them as such..But all in all damn nice box.... s98

jws7464

Mississippi Caveman

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »

Yea i added a hinged side for a drop pan to be installed.

But i was thinking about the big top on it to was thinking about cutting the top into 3 doors.

Thanks for the idea about the flashing for the corners that is a great idea will be adding it for sure.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »