Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:01:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  quail eggs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: quail eggs  (Read 5098 times)
Andy
« on: April 26, 2004, 06:39:47 PM »

Hello i am just starting raising bobwhite quail when my hens start to lay do i take the eggs out of the pens and put them in an incubator or do i just let the hens hatch them thereselfs?
Thank you
Andy
Big Tex
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 07:07:53 PM »

You are definitly going to need to put them in your incubator. I usually gather mine for 7 days. I keep them in the racks I am going to use in the incubator at a temp of 55-60 degrees and I also turn the whole rack 2 times a day. Good luck Big Tex
duck nutt
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 04:26:04 PM »

andy, gather the eggs daily...you can keep them up to 2 weeks before you set them in an incubator....if you leave the eggs in the cages, once the hen fills her nest, she'll quit laying and go broody..when they go broody, they stop laying and sit on the nest..like Big Tex said, i place my eggs in the trays i use in my incubators and tilt the trays one way when i leave in the morning, and the other way when i get home in the evening...finding a spot 50-60 degrees is tough for me cause i live in mississippi..it's way warmer than that here, so i just keep them in the coolest spot I can find..prolly closer to 70 degrees, but it's best i can do..good luck
Andy
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 04:36:24 PM »

will the female have any trouble hatching the eggs her self?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »