Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:01:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Komer, I see you online!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Komer, I see you online!!!  (Read 12021 times)
komer

gamebird breeder wannabe

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 01:44:05 PM »

Looks good komer!

Is that a concrete foundation you have the poles on?

Also, is the area where you are located considered residential, or rural? I would like to see more pictures of you country if you care to share them.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

yes it is a concrete foundation,at least 30cm in the ground...iam in the village,population is about 5000 people...it is dark now,i will take pictures of my region as soon as possible...(tomorow i work from 6am to 6pm,i dont think i will take pictures,must wake up in 5am to get to work)so when i will take pictures i will post them:)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 05:52:13 AM »

komer,

Do you find that the materials to build your pen are costly? Concrete redi-mix delivered here in the WV area is going for around $80.00 yard plus a fuel charge.

What type of rules and regulations do they require you to follow, and do you pay a yearly license fee?

Looking foward to seeing the pictures.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 07:22:53 AM »

Now you'll have to build something for the pheasants, as it appears, the chickens have already claimed that pen?   :grin:

Looks Good!   Thanks for the pics!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
komer

gamebird breeder wannabe

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 04:31:22 PM »

komer,

Do you find that the materials to build your pen are costly? Concrete redi-mix delivered here in the WV area is going for around $80.00 yard plus a fuel charge.

What type of rules and regulations do they require you to follow, and do you pay a yearly license fee?

Looking foward to seeing the pictures.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

I was mix concrete by myself,total spend was 2.5m3 of gravel and 350kg cement,gravel was about 80$,cement was 70$,the nettong was  like this,dont know on english how it is called(maybe stripple netting)
i bought 200m(packages are 50m,diametar 1",1m high)that was ~300$.poles are free,my dads gift ,and welding ,too.
I dont need pay any licence fee,that is the law in Croatia for this example.

Now you'll have to build something for the pheasants, as it appears, the chickens have already claimed that pen?   :grin:

Looks Good!   Thanks for the pics!
Yeah,chikens are in the pen,because this was their place few days ago:)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:34:01 PM by komer » Logged
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 08:53:24 AM »

Good to here that they don't tax you on game birds. Are you able to release the birds if you so desire with out a license?

I had a couple of chickens(2) 1 Rooster 1 Hen) here until the neighbor let their German Shepard lose. Dog killed them both.

Was that a wood stacked behind the barn? Do you heat with Wood?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
komer

gamebird breeder wannabe

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »

Good to here that they don't tax you on game birds. Are you able to release the birds if you so desire with out a license?

I had a couple of chickens(2) 1 Rooster 1 Hen) here until the neighbor let their German Shepard lose. Dog killed them both.

Was that a wood stacked behind the barn? Do you heat with Wood?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

We are able to release birds without licence,but not in the wild...only in yard,but neighbourhood near me cant have any chickens,pigs,or any animals except dogs and cats(is it a new neighbourhood,so they arrent alowed to have animals...)
1st row you see ia an old plum tree,it is a good for barbecue,but 2nd row and other are beech od bogue(dont know how do u call that kind of wood) and oak..
Yeah,we heat with wood,electricity and gas(wood is the cheapest solution)!

this is my country

on this ploughed area will be corn....for my birds,also have 2 rabbits(male and female)...if i will find hungarian partridge,rock partridge and chukar partridge i will bought them and try to breed!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 10:29:04 AM »

komer,

That is some rich looking soil you got there!!! Is that your property that the field is in?

I can't get over that black soil... Send me some of that i9

Nice pictures thanks for sharing!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

komer

gamebird breeder wannabe

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 11:15:43 AM »

hehe...this is my grandma propetry..but in the future she will left me all that..my parents live in city(population about 20000 people) but iam rather on village ,specially now when i have birds,but i like quiter places like villages with lots of soil and woods,wineyards(we have wineyard,i will take picture soon and will post it here...)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 12:18:41 PM »

Thanks komer!

I will be waiting to see some more picture.

Have a nice Day j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 05:40:01 PM »

j18

Freshly worked ground makes me drool!!     :cool:   

Nice fields........and neighborhood.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
komer

gamebird breeder wannabe

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 09:08:59 AM »

my outdoor pen is finished...all is covered ,tmorrow i will release phaesants and few male quails in pen...

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 10:33:49 AM »

komer,

Looks good!! Are you going to put a barrier shield around the bottom of the flight pen to keep outside animals from looking in?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

komer

gamebird breeder wannabe

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 11:12:01 AM »

yeah,it wil be a plate around pen...i asked my friend if he can help me with that,so iam sure that he will find something!
komer

gamebird breeder wannabe

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »

today i release phaesants and 5 male od japanese quail in the pen...quails are good,phaesants are little confused...hope it will be good in few days...

last picture is a 2 phaesants just few hours after hatching...only 2 eggs was fertile,so only 2 phaesants...iam happy,that is first phaesants this year...:)

only problem is cats,from whole neighbourhood they came near my pen,and they are looking my birds....cats cant anything top my birds,but they are affraid of them..i hope that my dog will banish them:)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 03:44:06 PM »

Looking good komer!!

What about a shelter area? What you have there doesn't look like much for the birds to get out of the nasty weather elements.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »