Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:57:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  bad batch of eggs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bad batch of eggs  (Read 2791 times)
tonij1271
« on: September 12, 2004, 06:47:51 PM »

I tried hatching 20 pharoah quail eggs.  Not a single egg hatched.  Tried 20 again, still not a single egg hatched.  Tried one more time with different incubator and still not a single egg hatched.  But from same birds, I have had a very good hatch rate.  First time it was 16 out of 16, then second time it was 21 out of 27.  Can anyone tell me what is going on.  Right temp and humidity.   :cry:  :cry:  :roll:
Please someone help me.
joip
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 06:43:46 AM »

How old are your quails, I brought a nice looking trio and was told they were young, after a few hatches wasn't getting any chicks, so i put my male that i got with a young female that was reliable stuck the eggs in the incubater and candled at 6 days, (I normally don't candle) all were infertile the male was a dud so I say he was pass his used by date

Joip
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 09:36:06 AM »

Infertile eggs is what it sounds like to me also. Have you tried candling any of them?  If not, you should. It's very easy to do.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
tonij1271
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 10:19:18 AM »

i thought the eggs might be infertile, but I did not know every one would be.  I have tried candling with a flashlight, but i could not see anything because the eggs are so dark and speckled.  To answer first reply, my females are getting pretty old, and i have recently put some younger males in with them.  i really hope that helps.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »