Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:34:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Incubation and Humidity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Incubation and Humidity  (Read 30630 times)
alan vallejo

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 01:09:33 AM »

Wet bulb is exactly what it states. It is the temperature relative of the humidity in degrees. A  Hygrometer Wick is placed over the stem of the thermometer and the other end of the sleeve is placed in the water pan. The same thermometer can be used for wet bulb or checking incubator temps. This is what I have in my GQF 1502 Sportsman incubator.
I have two of them instead of the one. This way I can view the wet bulb temp and the incubator temp the same time

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

sorry for the question, but i buy a sportsman too and it didn't came with dial thermometer, it came with an automatic control that indicates the temp inside the incubator, humidity, and outside temp. and a chart that indicates the proper humidity at incubation and at hatch. and this chart marks lower humidity at hatchin time,from 60% to 65%. is this info correct or gqf, is sending wrong info to their customers? did yours have this label too?
thanks for your time.
Alan
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 02:16:22 AM »

Are you comparing the 60%-65% to the 82F-86F wet bulb figures?  They are two different methods of measuring humidity.

Follow the manufacturers recommendation, until you are told different by someone who has had specific experience. 

For Bobwhite Quail, 60% is about right, then raise it to 70%, if possible, the last three days.

The altitude in Mexico City (over 7000 feet, isn't it?) is a big problem when trying to maintain high humidity.  There, you may have to use one pad, then add two, maybe even a second humidity pan (maybe a small one?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 09:04:15 PM »

Wet bulb is exactly what it states. It is the temperature relative of the humidity in degrees. A  Hygrometer Wick is placed over the stem of the thermometer and the other end of the sleeve is placed in the water pan. The same thermometer can be used for wet bulb or checking incubator temps. This is what I have in my GQF 1502 Sportsman incubator.
I have two of them instead of the one. This way I can view the wet bulb temp and the incubator temp the same time

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Steve I just found this post while searching through old posts  like a good boy.  :grin: you have two thermometers?? did you just drill another hole for the second? and if the wick is left in place on the hygrometer  does it get used up like the humidity pads? this sounds like one of those ( why didn,t I think of that  deals)

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 09:37:57 PM »

did you just drill another hole for the second?

I don't know what Pheasant Holler did, but that's what I did.

And yes....those wicks will go bad.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 10:56:12 PM »

I guess I will have to try that out

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »