Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:38:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  The Quail...Four
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Quail...Four  (Read 2788 times)
pgbirdman
« on: March 15, 2005, 12:27:43 AM »

So heres the story... Last September I moved my family and all our animals 1000km's to Vancouver Island.  I hatched out only 4 quail and sold off all my adults, thinking that this would get me started again once here.  Problem is... 3 are males and my female isn't the slightest bit interested in laying eggs.  I know that the normal ratio is 3 females to one male and I have the opposite.  Does anyone think maybe if I got rid of two of the males that maybe she would respond to 1 male?  They've all grown up together.  I noticed my females head is very nice and feathered... which I think is a good indicater that there is no hanky panky going on.  I'm trying to accuire some more females but am having no luck whatsoever.  Any suggestions to help me jump-start my Quail population with what I do have??
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 05:44:33 AM »

get rid of 2 males or get them girlfriends
penny's dad
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 06:59:37 AM »

A CHEAP BOTTLE OF WINE, DINNER AND A MOVIE SEEMED TO WORK FOR ME.    :lol:  P.D.
squirrelhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 06:37:04 PM »

what type of quail are we talking about. Coturnix by the sounds of it. Maybe the birds haven't become interested in that sort of business yet but they should later in the spring. Is there a drastic climate change at your new residence?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »