Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:06:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  red tennessee and bobwhite quail wanted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: red tennessee and bobwhite quail wanted  (Read 11862 times)
kingwolf
Expert Member

« on: February 23, 2009, 07:54:46 PM »

i have been looking everywhere to buy pairs or even trios of bobwhite and red tennessee quail. i only want one pair or trio for each species and i am willing to pay a very good price of your choice for anyone who is willing to sell me even one of these species or i would even appreciate tips on where i could get these pairs or trios i haven't had any luck and would appreciate the help...thanks for your time..

oh and has anyone had any luck with KC Game Bird farm i have emailed them several times but no response
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:05:40 PM by kingwolf » Logged

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:14:43 PM »

one of these breeds

Breeds ?

Maybe that is your problem, no one has any breed of Quail.

Try looking for the species, and you'll have more luck  :angel:
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:06:15 AM »

oh and has anyone had any luck with KC Game Bird farm i have emailed them several times but no response

I believe it has been over a year, since I last talked to Kyle.  He hasn't been on for over a month.  He's a good guy, but we're really too far away, for shipping a few birds, especially adults.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 12:16:37 AM »

They can be there overnight for about 40.00 Bucks....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 07:48:43 PM »

They can be there overnight for about 40.00 Bucks....
do you have both species? or just one? do you have pairs or trios? and finally 40 bucks for all of them or per bird? thanks...

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 12:10:13 AM »

I was talking to Wilder.....I am not selling breeders this time of year...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 01:02:38 AM »

That was sort of my point (although I wasn't clear about it).  It's not a lot of money, but would double the cost of the birds.

Try Jim  Williams  (303) 443-3112 he has Bobwhites, but I'm not sure about Tennessee Reds.  I have some that are about 20% Tennessee Red.  I thought I might raise some Tennessee Reds this year, but I'm not as wild about that, now.

What do you plan to do with a few of each?

In case you missed it, Tennessee Reds are a mutation of regular Bobwhites.  Some people claim they are wilder, others say the reason it seems that way is that mixes always tend to be wilder than more closely bred strains.  Jim Murray might have an idea which is closer to the truth.

kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 02:05:59 PM »

What do you plan to do with a few of each?

Im really wanting them for personal enjoyment and maybe when it comes around to breeding season i will hatch whatever eggs are fertile but at this time i cant jump in with large numbers i will have to slowly grow bigger hopefully
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 07:41:20 PM by kingwolf » Logged

jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 07:12:53 PM »

Kingwolf & Wildgamebirds, The Tenn reds are defiantly a wilder bird than the regular bobs. Also been told they recall better than the regular bobs and are a hardier bird. here is a picture of some thank ya Jim
finnegan

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 07:35:05 PM »

Try Darrell Frye at www.grovelandquailfarm.com   i think he has both available right now jim
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 09:01:23 PM »

When your in phase 1 cost is not the primary concern.
And I HAVE BEEN TOLD that you can hunt the Tenn. Reds year round on the hunting clubs because I HAVE BEEN TOLD its  because they are a SUB- species.
Just try to catch and hold one with 1 hand... c110
I BEEN TOLD its the quail of the future on hunting clubs and lots of clubs are going to them. I think if I were going to raise for the clubs it is the direction I would go. Its the first quail a friend of mine sells out of in Arkansas.

jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 01:22:41 PM »

Slider, That is probly true because it is the first bird I sell out of to. Then the regular bob's so this year I'm going to raise more tenn reds. thank ya Jim
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:05:52 PM by jimmurray3 » Logged
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »

i tried to send an email on grovelandquailfarm.com but it said that the email address was invalid does any one know what is wrong or is there another email i can try... thanks!!!!

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »

It worked for me.  Copy and paste.

finnegan

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 09:46:40 PM »

Goveland quail farm email is working just fine checked it out earlier Jim
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »