Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:46:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Knock Knock
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knock Knock  (Read 89213 times)
thekid

Personal Text

« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2012, 09:19:35 PM »

Nice truck you got there!

I like to hunt, fish, and raise quail
thekid

Personal Text

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2012, 09:20:17 PM »

How about those Norht Korean Unicorns http://now.msn.com/north-korean-news-agency-claims-scientists-have-found-unicorn-lair

I like to hunt, fish, and raise quail
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2012, 05:44:15 AM »

Just for you Stevo !
-14c today & roads a mess. Washed anyway !
Still have to put running boards on. Also driving lights & real fog lights. Bought them.....may try & get them on this week end ?

Just for you Stevo !
-14c today & roads a mess. Washed anyway !
Still have to put running boards on. Also driving lights & real fog lights. Bought them.....may try & get them on this week end ?

Nice!!!!!! ty2 s98

Is that the King Ranch? How do you like the ride compaired to the old one?
Running boards are a must if it sits that high. I have the foot steps on mine. It was a pain trying to get in the cab without it. What is the bed payload?

I love my truck. The only thing I miss is not having the standard and a real bench seat, and the old vent window.

Steve

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2012, 06:47:48 AM »

The only thing I miss is not having the standard and a real bench seat, and the old vent window

Me too !
The truck is an XLT. I wanted the cheapest one they could find. It's just a work truck.
Haven't checked for max load.
As it sits in the pics I have about 2000 lbs on. The rear of the over load leaf is touching. Front of it is about 1/2" from touching. So it bangs away on every bump. May end up putting another 500 lbs to see if will stop the banging. They changed the springs in these new ones.
I have no idea how/why Ford makes cabs more crowded each year.
I have the fold down center (40/20/40) and it is crowded. Yet switches on the dash are out of reach. Have to lean forward to use them. Same for the radio.

Like the torque & HP. It responds right away. The old one was a pain crossing/entering roads, as nothing really happened till 2k RPM.

Do not like how the computer takes over the engine, trans, diff & brakes when it detects the rear wheels slipping/spinning. You can shut some of it off, but the computer still thinks the driver is a dummy & has to do stuff anyway.
I removed the rar seat completely. Built a plywood shelf. I can put some stuff under it, like trailer hitches etc. I have plastc tubs for all the other stuff. I carry lots when away working. Being gone for a month or two at a time, one tends to take stuff "just in case". May never use some of it.....but when needed it is there.
I also (normally) carry a full set of filters & oil(s) for changing when away. Including tidy tank filters.

Tool box on the L tank is full as well.
I have the spare under the truck & one in the box.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2012, 01:46:37 PM »

Mine is the XL with the XLT additions that I wanted. I din't need power windows or auto door locks or heated seats or heated side view mirrors.

Plain Jayne radio with CD player. No Sync or SirrusXM radio either.

I have the same front seat in gray. Center fold down has lift up for storage and pull out tray at the bottom.

Notice that the truck bed is even closer then the older models? I had to get a fold down rear window in the cap. There is no room between the cap and cab. If the rear windo of both get dirty that you can't see, you have to remove the cap to clean the window.

On my '89 I had a dounut between the cap and cab back window. My arm is to short to rest on the door window sill. On the old 89 I sat closer to the door.

One thing for sure, when you close the door, it thunks. Closes up like a Lincoln Conti  y1 Not like a Chevy Belair.  lol2

I have the V6 Ecoboost. 365hp turbo. Talk about chit and git. I can spin the wheels on a 15mph roll with 2060lb of feed. The truck only drops 1" with that load. I don't even feel the weight.

Steve

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2012, 05:27:50 PM »

Got off early yesterday (still full pay) so went home. Installed aluminum screen behind the grill & lower to completely cover the rads.
Then installed new lights. The outside lights are driving lights. Inside are real fog lights.
The difference is like day & night. I can see farther down the road & much more to the sides.
Driving back to work was far less stress than with factor lights !

Important note for those with a 2012 (no idea on other year trucks). Look on page 285 of your manual !
Blown fuse or tail light will lock your shifter in park !
Bought extra tail lights to carry with me. It is common for me to drive several hours from home. Then several hours back into the bush to a work site. Not a place for a simple problem !
Weird....pics show crooked lights....they are not !

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »

Got off early yesterday (still full pay) so went home. Installed aluminum screen behind the grill & lower to completely cover the rads.
Then installed new lights. The outside lights are driving lights. Inside are real fog lights.
The difference is like day & night. I can see farther down the road & much more to the sides.
Driving back to work was far less stress than with factor lights !

Important note for those with a 2012 (no idea on other year trucks). Look on page 285 of your manual !
Blown fuse or tail light will lock your shifter in park !
Bought extra tail lights to carry with me. It is common for me to drive several hours from home. Then several hours back into the bush to a work site. Not a place for a simple problem !
Weird....pics show crooked lights....they are not !

I will have to check that. I think that is pretty lame. Burn out a fuse or bulb and you go nowhere.

Thanks for the heads up  s98 Nice fog lights.

Steve

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2012, 09:27:06 PM »

Tested the fogs. Not yellow enough.
I prefer amber. Like the Bosh (spelling ?) I used to have. Cannot get them anymore.
Just as well. Glass. Small rock & had to replace.
Going to look for a stain or something to see if I can change the color.
New driving/fogs are a plastic lens.

The driving lights I replaced the 55w bulbs with 100w. Not legal, but work much better !
I only use when no one is approaching or I am following.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2012, 04:56:47 AM »

Tested the fogs. Not yellow enough.
I prefer amber. Like the Bosh (spelling ?) I used to have. Cannot get them anymore.
Just as well. Glass. Small rock & had to replace.
Going to look for a stain or something to see if I can change the color.
New driving/fogs are a plastic lens.

The driving lights I replaced the 55w bulbs with 100w. Not legal, but work much better !
I only use when no one is approaching or I am following.

Can't you change the bulb? 100w, is the lens plastic?

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2012, 06:41:40 AM »

Take two screws out, each side of casing. The lens is a one piece with a hole in the back for a normal halogin (sp?) bulb, held in with a spring clip.
Same bulbs I've used in Bosh lights for many years.
The 100w work way better than the 55w.

Front of lens is a high impact type of plastic. Should last better than glass......except anything is brittle at -20c and lower.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2012, 06:45:54 AM »

Work conditions....

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-54_metric_e.html
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2012, 01:49:48 PM »

Work conditions....

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-54_metric_e.html

Not that much of a drop in overnight lows.

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2012, 07:40:47 AM »

Slider MIA ?
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2013, 03:45:17 PM »

I am here buddy and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!!! Looks like you got a nice truck there...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2013, 08:13:28 PM »

"Wipes Spider webs off the link......."

Hey old guy !
Good to hear from you !

Just so you know, I check in almost daily.......

Latest Pinto engine news : I got hosed. Big time. Need to tear it down & re-build. Again.
15k touch......
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:15:44 PM by Reeves » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »