Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:09:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Incubators
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Incubators  (Read 7924 times)
Buck 01

Personal Text

« on: April 27, 2014, 08:01:46 AM »

What is a good hassle free incubator? I have a little giant now and you have to mess with it to much temp and humidity moves to much. What does everyone use for bobwhite quail would like to do a few hundred over the spring and summer.
makesmiles

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 04:20:59 PM »

I have 3 table top incubators. 2 are Brower Top Hatch and 1 is GQF Hova-bator 2365.The Browers are nice incubators but I have had trouble maintaining temp and humidity. I wrapped one in a piece of insulation (silver bubble type from Lowes) and the temp held better. The GQF has been the best of all. It comes set from the manufacture and I have never had to touch or reset the temp. It has 2 troughs for water. You fill one during incubating and fill both during hatching. The humidity has always been perfect. I use a auto turner for quail eggs with the GQF. The Browers rotate and automatically turn the eggs. I like this feature because you don't have load and unload the turner. Also the Brower will hold more eggs and handles the bigger quail eggs better. The GQF turner has some difficulty with bigger eggs. I like the GQF incubator best overall. If you are having trouble with humidity, try using a humidifier for raising the humidity in the room or a dehumidifier for lowering the humidity in the room, depending on whether you need to go up or down. Hope this helps.
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »

Ive used GQF for 30 years and very happy with their products.  Upgrade your little giant to circulated air  and you wont have to keep touching the settings or replace it with a 1588 GQF Genesis which has the digital control center and preset temps.  Keep it out of direct sunlight as well.

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »