Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:15:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Some shots of my birds (Updated on July 18th)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some shots of my birds (Updated on July 18th)  (Read 22591 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 08:21:37 AM »

Still haven't done any research, eh !
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 03:10:40 PM »

No, i have done plenty of research i know that their feathers are better in sunlight period.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 04:39:54 PM »

No, i have done plenty of research i know that their feathers are better in sunlight period.

birdlover,

Let's not cop an attitude now, s020  Haven't you  s12 ???  You know all to well what the proper space requirements are for Ring-necked Pheasants. If not,  s12 again. s020

Care to show us your flight pen for the pheasant once again? That's right, you never posted then.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
frank_lap_127
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 05:22:59 PM »

I would really like to see those pictures.

Just a really stupid question, what does RTFM means in this  s12

s020

Frank
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 08:34:23 PM »

Steve,
i was not coping an attitude, it is or isn't it true that their feathers are nice in sunlight? I'm getting confused.
I know that their better in sunlight.  Look who's coping an attitude with  s12,  s020 s020, not an good example your setting Steve s020.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

frank_lap_127
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 08:38:35 PM »

Of everything I've readed, and I personally think that it makes sense, birds don't get feathers as bright when they are kept inside than if they are kept outside. In the case of Ringneck, the reason why they are kept (commercially) inside in dark places is to avoid picking of all kind.

Frank
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 08:52:39 PM »

Frank,
thanks for making that all clear!!

greyghost
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 08:54:01 PM »

Frank, s98 wonderful pic's.
bobhunter

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 09:15:22 PM »

Frank, I agree with what Reeves said earlier in the thread and wonder as well  if some luck isnt at play here? Just wondering... Have you had no chasing, fighting, or mortalities? How many birds did you breed and raise this year from those that are together like that?
frank_lap_127
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 04:54:30 AM »

About dead birds, I already got few, but I made a necropsy to search for any kind of violence. My birds have started to lay really late in the Summer, right now they are laying eggs. I've put some that are fertile in the incuabtor, but as the chances of hybrids are just too high, those birds will be BBQ birds.

I don't see real signs of agression, if you just look at the feathers, they are looking great no?

Anyway, I might get luck, but look at the pictures and it can tell that it's not impossible, but it's not necesserally a recipe to success like I already said!

Thanks

Frank
frank_lap_127
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 04:56:57 AM »

Oh! I'm a liar  s020

I forgot to say I already had a case of toe-picking due to a bad protein/fibre proportion in my diet.

Thanks

Frank
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 06:37:18 AM »

I forgot to say I already had a case of toe-picking due to a bad protein/fibre proportion in my diet.

Once you get old and fat you won't be able to reach your toes, then you'll have to leave your toes alone.

:grin:

birdlover....if you had done your research, you would know birds kept in direct sunlight will badly fade.
Yes, sun is good for a bird, but not direst sunlight all day long.
As for yours, being kept under your Dads back deck, with very little light and room , is as I've said before : cruelty to animals
glenn-bob

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 10:43:42 AM »

birdlover....if you had done your research, you would know birds kept in direct sunlight will badly fade.

That explains my three Black Mutant Pheasant.  They have been in my barn, since coyotes killed their siblings last winter.  They are the brightest, iridescent green/black you could imagine.

As for yours, being kept under your Dads back deck, with very little light and room , is as I've said before : cruelty to animals

"But, I Luv my birds, and I want to keep them.  That's why I rescued them from being sold to someone else.  So I could be the one to take care of them.  I will try to do better, and some day maybe my back yard will grow bigger.  But until then, I will protect them from raccoons, and from people who think a deck is for people, and want to walk on it.  And if they die, I will hatch out more."
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2008, 06:35:15 PM »

"But, I Luv my birds, and I want to keep them.  That's why I rescued them from being sold to someone else.  So I could be the one to take care of them.  I will try to do better, and some day maybe my back yard will grow bigger.  But until then, I will protect them from raccoons, and from people who think a deck is for people, and want to walk on it.  And if they die, I will hatch out more."

Sad, but so true  s47
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2008, 10:05:22 PM »

Yes, sun is good for a bird, but not direst sunlight all day long.

Reeves.... when i said that their feathers are nice in sunlight i didnt mean direct all day long..just the light from the sun. As for the room that pen has easily 65 square feet but i really want to make it more than this around 80 square ft would be even better. Hopefully by fixing the space problem and light the pen will be better.
Thanks for your help, Reeves i appreciate it j2

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »