Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:17:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Why not share different recipes?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why not share different recipes?  (Read 12035 times)
bobhunter

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 11:55:27 PM »

Hey Frank, How about this one -- Quail with grapes: 4 bobwhite quail (my favorite to hunt and eat), salt, pepper, flour, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, 2 tbsps. chopped pecan meats, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 4 buttered toast slices. Sprinkle birds in and out with salt, pepper and flour. Melt butter in skillet, add birds and brown on both sides. Add water, cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes. Add grapes and cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in nuts and lemon juice. Serve on buttered toast slices with sauce in pan, with wild rice...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:58:30 PM by bobhunter » Logged
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 10:45:55 PM »

Who thinks they have the best pickled quail egg recipe!! I'll try all and let this years hunting camp decide.

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »

All of my recipes include Beer and Jack Daniels on the side... s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 12:40:06 PM »

Beer, beans, barbecue, and pickled eggs.  Perfect "atmosphere" for an objective taste test !  s020
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:07:46 PM by wildergamebirds » Logged

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
frank_lap_127
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 02:57:15 PM »

I'm trying different recipe these days. I will have like 40 meat chukars and 200 quails before 5 months from now (chukars time is in few weeks) so I will try some good recipe to tell you!

Frank
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 04:14:32 PM »

Well as we speak I have a very large POT of good ol Louisiana Chicken and Deer Sauceage Gumbo on the stove with a side of Bud...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 05:24:03 PM »

I tell you what.....I've been hard boiling these BW eggs all summer and eating them like grapes, using them in salads, almost like candy and melts in your mouth like a Reeses cup. The vinegar in the boiling water as mentioned previously sure helps on getting the shell off..........so the wife tells me... ^-^.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »