Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:20:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  Female quail dying
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Female quail dying  (Read 5862 times)
Brenda

I'm a GREAT BIG bird.

« on: October 10, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »

I have a small covey of coturnix quail that were hatched 3-2012. I have lost several hens, either due to prolapse or just mysterious death. They have displayed the basic ill bird sx: puffed feathers, lethargy, loss of appetite for aprox. 1-2 days, then they are just dead when I feed the next day. They eat Nutreena turkey pellets, have oyster shell, and mineral grit available to them at all times, as well as fresh H20, grass, clover, and I feed either mealworms or crickets daily. They laid daily until aprox. 3-4 weeks ago, now egg production has stopped for fall/winter? One of the hens just hatched 3 babies and is in the hen house with them, they are thriving. I have only 1 rooster with them. Any ideas on why this happens?
Thanks!
Brenda 
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »

Feed them a good high protine game bird crumble and do dot worry about all that other stuff and clean water and give them a good worming but do not eat the birds or their eggs for 30 days...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Brenda

I'm a GREAT BIG bird.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 09:27:42 AM »

Thank-you for the reply. The only feed available in my area is the turkey/gamebird, I think it is 28% protein. I have not wormed them. What do you reccomend?
Thank-you,
Brenda  ty2
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »