Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Electronic Thermostat incubator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Electronic Thermostat incubator  (Read 2103 times)
Bobwhite quail24
« on: January 25, 2007, 08:09:36 PM »

I was looking at getting the GQF electronic thermostat incuabtor (Most likely from redoak) but i was wondering I want to get the model 1588 right? I'll be using it in my house and didn't know if I needed the 12 volt adapter. Thanks for your time.

Bobwhite quail24
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:06:02 PM »

The GQF model 1588 incubator is the only electronic thermostat incubator that they make I believe.  The 1590 was identical to the 1588 and it was AC powered like all the rest.  GQF discontinued the 1590 and it will be hard to find unless you find one on eBay or a dealer has one in stock.  The advantage of the 1588 is that it was designed to be used practically anywhere-even when no AC power is available.  GQF is manufacturing these incubators and many other accessories with the user in mind.  This unit is equipped with a DC power supply which can be plugged into your AC outlet or taken out in a building, garage, basement or anywhere you dont have any AC power.  If you intend to use it where no AC is available you will need to get the battery power adapter.  This will let you plug into a vehicle, battery jump box or even a regular car battery.  The second advantage of this incubator is that it is preset and there is no close monitoring to see if the temperature needs adjusting.  You just plug it in and go.  If you purchase an automatic turner they now make two different kinds.  The regular 1611 turner and the new 1611M turner.  The difference in the two is that the 1611M is also DC powered if needed.  Hope this info is useful for you.  No matter where you purchase your incubator, be sure it is adequate in what you wish to do with it.  As in all incubators, temperature and humidity play a substantial role in placement.

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »