Raising Gamebirds > Health Issues

Dewormer for quail

(1/7) > >>

AA Plantation:
I don't have any problems now, but i know that a problem should be prevented before it happens.
Anyone ever used ivermec to deworm quail? if so what would be the dose for grown birds in a 5gal waterer.
How about 3 week old chicks dose for 58oz waterer?
Thanks

Pheasant Hollow Farm:

--- Quote from: AA Plantation on June 28, 2007, 09:56:55 AM ---I don't have any problems now, but i know that a problem should be prevented before it happens.
Anyone ever used ivermec to deworm quail? if so what would be the dose for grown birds in a 5gal waterer.
How about 3 week old chicks dose for 58oz waterer?
Thanks

--- End quote ---

Break it down by weight per adult bird. Add all the birds average weight and then add the dosage per label.

If you have as an example, 1000 adult quail and the average weight is let say or arguments sake, 10oz. 10oz X 1000 adults = 10,000oz. Divide that by 16oz.
10,000oz divided by 16oz =  625lbs.

Use 10mL (2 teaspoonfuls) of solution to 1gal of water per 100 lbs. Just make sure you use enough water trays throughout your area so all adult birds will get to drink. I do my pheasant this way and break it down for a two day treatment.

This is some strong meds. Do not shotgun the meds. Over medicating them to give then the so-called boost will kill them.

I have never tried this on chicks and I wouldn’t recommend it either. This medication is for worming Large Roundworms: (Ascaris) Nodular Worms (Oesophagostomum spp.) Lung Worms (Metastrongylus spp.) Intestinal Thread Worms: (Strongyloides ransomi)

Use Fendendazole for gape worm. The normal earthworm is a host to many of the strongyloides. Using a vet to check the fresh fecal mater is really the best way to go.

I would also suggest keeping the Merk Vet Manual as a favorite.
This does come in handy when diagnosing certian ailments.

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/mvm_list.htm

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm 

AA Plantation:
Thanks Steve,

MtBullion Gamebirds:
Yeah, thanks Steve.  That was very helpful for me too.  Great stuff.

Pheasant Hollow Farm:

--- Quote from: AA Plantation on June 28, 2007, 12:55:23 PM ---Thanks Steve,

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: MtBullion Gamebirds on June 28, 2007, 01:04:09 PM ---Yeah, thanks Steve.  That was very helpful for me too.  Great stuff.

--- End quote ---

You're welcome..

Just read the label. It is mainly a pig wormer. You just have to break it down into smaller doses. Make sure there are plenty of water trays around so all the birds get to drink and do over two days. Repeat if you want ever month if needed.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version